Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th September 2016, 11:05 AM   #1
chrylent

Default How Many Backlinks In A Month Is Good?

Hello,

How many backlinks in a month is good? i want backlinks for my website and pageranking; i had heard that i was limited to the amount of backlinks I could make and the way i got them; what is the true fact?

Thanks.

Old 27th September 2016, 02:53 AM   #2
johnniewalk
VIP Contributor

I can assure that there is no count for creating a backlinks, only you have to do his create a quality backlink for your website by following all the off page white hat seo techniques.

johnniewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 04:00 AM   #3
ernestgreg07

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalk View Post
I can assure that there is no count for creating a backlinks, only you have to do his create a quality backlink for your website by following all the off page white hat seo techniques.
It's not the quantity that matters today but it's quality! Produce more backlinks which come in great quality but mass production could still require that you don't overuse your keywords or over-optimize your process.

ernestgreg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 04:26 AM   #4
chrylent

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalk View Post
No! Huge backlinks and drop your ranks too. That happened with one of my niche site few months ago.

Old 27th September 2016, 11:43 AM   #5
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrylent View Post
No! Huge backlinks and drop your ranks too. That happened with one of my niche site few months ago.
Im with johnniewalk on this one. Your rankings may have dropped after acquiring a large number of backlinks quickly, but the reason is more complex than that probably. If you are acquiring quality links, there are no limits.

One flaw with your theory is that it would be very easy for someone else to sabotage another persons ranking by simply adding a lot of links to a website within a day. The way I personally look at it is that google has an enormous amount of statistical data. By analyzing that data they can established norms. If your website falls outside of those norms then Google can easily identify spam. Think about the enormous number of websites Google has in it's data set. Then top that off with over 200 factors they use. It's much more complicated than simply saying more than 254 links in one day will demote your site. I would take 10000 on topic links from Yahoo in one day with confidence.

Old 28th September 2016, 12:28 AM   #6
sanjay7788

Yes, Huge amount of backlinks can drop your ranking in search engine & if it happened then don't make backlinks for at least 7 days for that particular page. So, My suggestion is build only 200 to 300 backlinks per month in natural ways only.

Old 28th September 2016, 01:57 AM   #7
phpassignment

Send a message via Skype™ to phpassignment

I think just make 10 to 15 natural back-link for the website from different sources like- article, blogging, forum and link profile. Because more n more back-link harmful for website.

phpassignment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 02:48 AM   #8
ernestgreg07

Quote:
Really? But are you sure those were high quality links and are engaging to your target audience?

ernestgreg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 09:06 PM   #9
KenzieM9

The amount of backlinks needed is going to depend on how competitive the keywords you are wanting to rank for are.

Make sure they are relevant and "in-content" links and you will be perfectly fine no matter what the quantity.

Old 1st October 2016, 06:49 AM   #10
Williams Reus

Quote:
Hello,

How many backlinks in a month is good? i want backlinks for my website and pageranking; i had heard that i was limited to the amount of backlinks I could make and the way i got them; what is the true fact?

Thanks.
You can generate as many links you can but you must understand the fact that Google analyze your each and every step of promoting a website. The links should be genuine, good quality and the number should be practical. If you are generating hundreds of links in a day, it is clear that you are doing some spam.

Generate good quality back links from different domains and avoid doing anything in bulk. Create links by submitting articles, blogs, guest posts, blog commenting, videos, info-graphics, presentations and pdf etc. What
I feel is one can manage to create just four-five good quality links maximum by creating and submitting the above mentioned contents

Williams Reus is offline   Reply With Quote