Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2013, 05:15 AM   #1
shellymiessner

Exclamation How To Maintain Website Ranking On 1st Page Of Google?

I have a website with 49% of my Keywords on Google’s 1st page. Now what should I do to maintain ranking of these keywords and Improve ranking of other keywords?

shellymiessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th March 2013, 05:23 PM   #2
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Continue to post guest blogs that link back to your home page. Revelant backlinks will help.

Old 13th March 2013, 09:41 PM   #3
mmorpgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymiessner View Post
I have a website with 49% of my Keywords on Google’s 1st page. Now what should I do to maintain ranking of these keywords and Improve ranking of other keywords?
For long term stability, and complying with google (seemingly) trying to clean up their results - stick with white hat SEO methods. By this I mean, getting links from places that will "stick" until the site goes down or is remade. Quality over quantity. Stick with high PR domains if possible that allow a link in your profile page or signature, which can be crawled by google.

The other method is black hat, where you are going more for quantity over quality in your backlinks. There are automated programs that do this, but you will also have link velocity and decay to worry about, so you will have to keep your backlinks always updated and new as old ones go away. There are automated ways to do this.

I would say to stick with white hat, as google is really penalizing sites that look to have a black hat footprint. Plus, if your goal is to stay on the first page, stick to quality backlinks from authoritative places.

mmorpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 10:33 PM   #4
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Do more onpage and offpage SEO. Don't stop. Stopping can lower your SERP points. There competitors trying to snatch high positions.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 09:53 AM   #5
chauhan

May I know local search volume and competition of keywords ? If you keywords are less competitive you can do less work and remain at top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
Continue to post guest blogs that link back to your home page. Revelant backlinks will help.

Old 16th March 2013, 03:31 AM   #6
voyska

There is no secret sauce in guaranteeing your Google listing rank. Great content and millions of hours spent making great content is about all any professional can tell you. Truth is that Google is forever changing and it is impossible for anyone to really know how Google works. It's said that even Google engineers are uncertain of it's methods. If someone tells you they can increase your rank, be careful. Trying to game the system typically leads to being banned from Google listings.

Also consider that even though you see your self at the top of the list, this doesn't necessarily mean it really is. Google tracks your every move. With this information Google predicts your interests. You may find your site number one at home, but across the country uncle Buck never searching your niche says your site is nowhere in sight. Hes finding locals in the same niche.

Moral of the story is, don't stress about your rank. Do what you do and be great at it in every way. Google will honor you generously if you do.

Old 16th March 2013, 04:44 AM   #7
bitFAT

Now you can stopping the work on keywords and improve your website's authority by promoting your website through content.Now you can less focus on exact matching keywords and work on Brand name,urls etc

bitFAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 02:01 AM   #8
preeti22

Link Building is best option to get keywords in ranking.

preeti22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 03:05 AM   #9
shellymiessner

Exclamation

Thanks for your suggestion

shellymiessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 03:05 AM   #10
businessman294

With the new Panda/Penguin update, follow the do's and dont's.. Just continue link building, maybe 20 a day would be enough to look natural to Google.

businessman294 is offline   Reply With Quote