Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th November 2009, 02:15 AM   #31
multimediocrity

For me, cards alone don't seem to work. However, if I meet with someone in person, I can hand them my card to show them how professional I am, and give them my information so they remember me.

Do you think double-sided cards are better than single?

multimediocrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:26 AM   #32
colin1

Hello

Business cards are a way for business people to communicate with their clients and potential customers in a positive and non intrusive manner. Business cards are considered to be a necessary marketing tool since it accomplishes so many tasks at one time. The key to a successful business card is making sure that you utilize all the space with the information that you need to get across to your customer. There are some basic types of information that you'll want to include, such as your name, your company, your title within the company, your phone number, and your address. There are, however, some other things that you can add to your business card to make it stand out in the crowd.
There are some things that you should ask yourself before you start designing your business cards. Ask yourself what you want to achieve by handing out your cards. Then ask yourself what you can do to make customers look at your card and see what's different about you that cause you to stand out from the crowd. Once of the most important things that you can do is to keep your business card as short, sweet, and simple as possible. You don't want to have too much clutter on the card since the more needless information that is included the easier it is for your customer to lose interest.

Thank you for reading

colin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 01:42 AM   #33
colin1

Hello

Thank you for sharing the informative information with all. Please keep sharing more and more.

Have a nice day

colin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 06:12 AM   #34
David Morson

Default Successful strategy,

You have given a very good idea and such business cards benefit your business a lot in the long run.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 08:30 PM   #35
victorvera

Business cards for me are still effective especially during conferences and conventions. I always assume that people who I'll meet during events might mix my name with other folks, so I think business cards may not bring in the sales immediately but its a good way to tell our potential client to call us back because we are here when you need us. :-)

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 02:28 PM   #36
KMDAS

Lots of info in this thread. I will never look at business cards the same!

Old 6th June 2010, 01:11 AM   #37
staniel

Send a message via Skype™ to staniel

A unique business card shape will definitely stand out from the crowd. It also increases the chances of getting people to discuss your card with others. A fellow logo designer has his business cards modeled after the railroad cards in the board game Monopoly.

staniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 02:42 PM   #38
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

Are double sided business cards better than single? Yes imho they are, you can do more creative things when you have both sides to play with, and the more creative then more people will show them off making the second side pay for itself.

You can make a great single sided card do the same work for you, but the blank side distracts, though since it is so common a single sided card is by no means not worth the money. A good design is all you really need, and if it works with single sided cards then that's what you should buy.

Don't forget to include all the relevant information though, even if it distracts from the coolness, I guess that's another argument for two sides...

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 12:08 PM   #39
angdeer

Nice post. A card can say a lot about your business and if you're not there to represent with it...better be a good one.

angdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 06:00 PM   #40
Outbound

Wink Business Card Ideas

A couple ideas I have seen that got my attention are:

If your Company has a mission statement post it on the Back of the Card.

If you could offer a special discount on a product that only shows up on the back of your card, this is one way that you see what happens to the card once received.

Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote