Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Radio Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th February 2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Linda
VIP Contributor

Default How To Get Free Radio Advertising

Here is one about "P.I. advertising".

"On your first try, list only one radio station per city. Pick out the station people most interested in your product would be listening to. This can be determined by the programming description contained within the data block about the station in the Broad casting Yearbook or the SRDS Directory."

Catch it @ http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/ar...ng/004102.html

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th June 2006, 09:59 PM   #2
ad-vice_man

Something to consider when approaching a radio station for P.I. Don't even waste your time with the #1 radio station in town. They aren't going to take a gamble on your sales scheme when advertisers nationaly regionaly and local are paying them cash for the same amount of time.

Realise that any P.I. ads are going to air in "unsold" time so you're most likely not going to be able to achieve any noticeable "frequency" so your commercial is going to have to be very very very direct response and offer a compelling reason to CALL RIGHT NOW.

Start with the smaller AM stations in your town first. The ones that have a small and loyal audience their less in demand and thus will likely have more "unsold" inventory

ad-vice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 08:52 PM   #3
icondosmanila

When we conduct a seminar for the requirements for our subject, what we we is, we let the radio station be our sponsor. That is how we get free radio advertisement.

icondosmanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 04:34 AM   #4
james159

As an prospective advertiser, I will want to know more than just how much a radio station charges. I will also want to know some of the following pieces of information.

• Who listens to your station? What is the age range? Which age group comprises your largest body of listeners? Are the majority of your listeners male or female? What is the average income level of your listeners? Do they work in white collar or blue collar professions? Knowing this information will help me determine whether or not I believe your station is the appropriate station on which to advertise my products or services.

• What is the format of your station? Do you play music or are you a talk station? If you play music, what kind of music do you play? Does your format change throughout the day? If so, how? If you are a news/talk station, tell me about your news team or celebrity air personalities. It may be that if I find your music objectionable, I may not wish to associate my business with your station. Or, if your talk show hosts are too controversial, I may decline advertising on your station for the same reason.

james159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 05:13 AM   #5
FBCondos

There's no such thing as free today. Everything now has it's equivalent trade. Sponsorships maybe free but actually they are advertising theirselves at the same time. They won't be giving sponsorships if they wont benefit from it.

FBCondos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 07:47 PM   #6
allister

Many people think that radio and TV talk shows are difficult to get booked on and that radio and TV producers are power-hungry gatekeepers that don't want to share their kingdom with anyone. In reality, the opposite is true. Radio Talk Show Hosts want you to be on their shows as much as you want to be on their shows. Booking exciting and entertaining guests is what they do for a living. It's all part of their jobs.

You can find out free radio advertising from Mark Kaye's course.

allister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 11:22 PM   #7
Jingles

Radio advertising is a great way to get publicity and increase your sales. Radio ads are usually paid commercials that run for 30 to 60 seconds; however, it is possible to drum up some free advertising at local stations. You can also propose a "Per Inquiry" or "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" arrangement where you are assured you will get good value for your radio advertising budget.

Choose 5 to 200 radio stations that are near to your business. You should target each one with a free radio initiative in order to increase your success.

Listen to the radio regularly. Talk radio stations often ask for listener feedback. The more helpful and interesting you are, the more air time you will get, and you can list your website at the end of your call.

Ask for a buy one, get one free deal. For example, if you buy 30 ads, the station will give you 30 more ads for free.

Tips

Advertise with a quick description and call to action. While you may do this during a free radio call in or a paid advertisement, it rings true that giving your listeners a reason to do 1 thing clarifies your message.

Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 09:48 AM   #8
OliviaH

Hi,
In my opinion there are more strong way for advertisement except radio.With the help of radio you can advertise your product in local area not at international level.

OliviaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 10:24 AM   #9
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

OliviaH, many of the business owners and marketers here are working for locally-oriented businesses. Information about how to advertise local businesses is very useful to them.

Not everyone is (or wants to be) "international."

--Torka

Old 26th October 2015, 03:49 AM   #10
Gadsubone

Radio advertising is a great way to get publicity and increase your sales.You want to spread your message as wide as possible. The purpose of Access radio is to provide a local outlet for local people to have their voices heard - something that mainstream radio doesn’t cater for. When you support Access radio, you’re bringing your message to people who can’t be reached any other way.

Gadsubone is offline   Reply With Quote