Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th September 2004, 04:42 PM   #1
theallright

Send a message via AIM to theallright
Default Please Critique My Site!

Hello, I'm new to this site but I'm already finding the experience here very helpful. Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a 28 year old graphic artist from southern California and about to release a small business online. My target audience is (young/young at heart) republicans, and I'm going to be selling bumper stickers. I have a total of 4 designs available and am looking into advertising my site on highly trafficked republican based news blogs. I'm looking in the news blogs because the people there are already interested in the subject matter I'm presenting. Since I am new to this I would like to get your feedback on the design, layout, theory and any other thoughts you might have regarding my site. If you are voting for John Kerry please try and look past what I'm selling, hehe. Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Check out the site at www.theallright.com cheers-Joshua

theallright is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th September 2004, 06:20 PM   #2
Soapin'Angela

Hi there!
I am absolutely not an expert on site development (as you can see from the thread below), but I just thought I'd let you know what I think. You have got to have the smallest site I've ever seen, hehe. But it is definitly to the point and interesting. I like the pictures as they are very patriotic. Your shopping cart looks like it would be easy to use and the site looks very professional.

Old 7th September 2004, 09:55 AM   #3
LPS

Very nice site. Looking at the number of products you have, and they method you used to display them, the compactness of the site is really good. Probably a very fast download as well for those on 56k.

LPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2004, 10:10 AM   #4
divshow
VIP Contributor

I really like the site also...and with you having such a short window of opportunity I don't think you really have to worry about word count for the search engines. (The SEO guys are better to answer that than me).

I think the graphics are awesome! You deserve huge praise for them.

Old 7th September 2004, 12:56 PM   #5
theallright

Send a message via AIM to theallright

Thanks for the nice compliments guys. We'll today is the day I begin advertising on the news blogs. I'm verry nervoud but we shall wait and see if anybody bites. I'll keep you guys posted. -Josh

theallright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2004, 01:00 PM   #6
divshow
VIP Contributor

Good luck, Josh!!!

Old 7th September 2004, 02:50 PM   #7
LPS

A suggestion. I'm sure you've heard some people claim that it's a bit late in the game for the focus of some of the stickers, but I think you have a really good idea going, not only with product/price, but with the layout of the site.

I don't know who your printer is, but I would definitely not get discouraged should you not see the returns you expect. As your site is politically themed (no really? I couldn't tell, honest. ), there will be a lot of opportunity in the future for you to take advantage of what you have set up, regardless of who wins the election. I think there are a number of companies that pop up in election years, that are not heard from again, because they work only on the election stuff. However there is a huge market in general these days for political statement stickers. That base is even larger if you run two sites on the same cart engine, with each one catering to different sides of the fence. That is an ethics thing though.
If you can keep the prices as low as they are, without undercutting yourself, there is a lot of potential.
Heck, if you designed the site on your own, get the guts of it together, and sell the template.

LPS is offline   Reply With Quote