Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd January 2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Asim

Send a message via MSN to Asim Send a message via Skype™ to Asim
Default More Fans On Facebook Fan Page

Hi

I have a Facebook Fan Page. I want to basically get more fans to my page. How do I do this. I cannot find anything specific on this, apart from a few expensive courses (which I cannot afford at the moment)

Any help?

Old 3rd January 2011, 07:45 PM   #2
seattleseoSOS

How about asking your friends?

Which reminds me...I gotta do that now. Off I go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asim View Post
Hi

I have a Facebook Fan Page. I want to basically get more fans to my page. How do I do this. I cannot find anything specific on this, apart from a few expensive courses (which I cannot afford at the moment)

Any help?

seattleseoSOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 02:08 AM   #3
William Veasley

Send a message via Skype™ to William Veasley

Hey,

Thanks for sharing!

I'm no Facebook expert, but I know in order to build any kind of following at anything online your focus needs to be to build your authority first. Once you build your authority people will want to naturally follow you. You build authority by being helpful & sharing something of value. Provide people with something of value.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!

God bless,
William Veasley

Old 4th January 2011, 09:02 PM   #4
LP560

Assuming you have a website, you can implement Facebook 'widgets' onto your personal website to show them you have a fan page as well as latest updates and # of fans. It's a good way to get the word out.

http://www.facebook.com/badges/

LP560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 04:19 AM   #5
alexandrabrian

Well more fans on facebook fan page would generate more traffic to your site,build authority of your business on facebook,increase your site awareness and more popular is your business profile on facebook fan pages.If more people like your page it means more people have an awareness about your business,and try to utilize those friends on facebook that is related to your niche and location.

alexandrabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 11:23 AM   #6
CanarsieBK

Promote your Facebook page on your site and when you blog.

Tweet about it.

Include it in your email signature.

Include it in all company correspondences - letterhead, business cards, etc.

CanarsieBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 12:32 PM   #7
540|SEO

One method that is probably the most effective -- and fastest -- way of increasing Facebook Fans is to advertise your page on FB. If you create an ad that achieves a high click through rate (>.5%) and you get social sign ups (other people decide to Like your page because they saw a friend do the same), you can get fans for pennies apiece.

Facebook ads are still wildly underutilized in my opinion, and have some very cool targeting features you can't find in Adwords. I.e. you can target by age, city, gender, relationship status and keywords that appear in the profile. The downside of course is these are "display" ads, meaning people aren't searching for the information you are advertising, so depending on the product or service, it can be challenging to find the combination of ad creative and copy that does well.

540|SEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 04:16 PM   #8
dowson12345
VIP Contributor

i can share how i do. i am active all the time and I add some videos and notes all the time ttrying to attract people in every possible way.

Old 23rd March 2011, 05:53 AM   #9
OliviaSSLGuru

Basically having a better list of friends can help. Suggest them to like your page. Link your page to twitterfeed.com or any other such site, through which you can automatically post something or the other without your intervention. This way your page will look more active and it can attract more and more fans.

OliviaSSLGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 07:55 AM   #10
dominantapproac

Hi Asim, besides suggesting it to your friends you can also use your fan page as your facebook page ( Click account then choose " use facebook as page " ). Add other pages on your niche and you can join the discussions on their news updates. Join the discussions and post relevant comments and you will get the publicity you need. Goodluck!

dominantapproac is offline   Reply With Quote