Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th April 2012, 12:21 PM   #1
wynt

Default Facebook Buisness

hi I've built a Facebook business site, but I'm not on Facebook as a person any moor, because i was just wasting my time doing nothing on there,

any way, does anyone know how to get to add people and friends to join or like the site, there doesn't seem to be a way to add people, unless its me being dumb!!!

any help would be much appreciated!
many thanks wynt

wynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th April 2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Ttuck119

what kind of business have you started on facebook? just curious. and how is it doing since this post?

Ttuck119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 11:08 AM   #3
wynt

Default people

well when i was on Facebook as a person i had over 600 friends, that i could've added!!! to the Facebook business site,

but like i said I'm not on fb as a person any moor,

but I've set up a business page on fb,

and thats what i was asking how to get people to join, there doesn't seem to be a way?

wynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 07:55 PM   #4
imagodev

Send a message via Skype™ to imagodev

I think Facebook has an ads option. You will advertise your page throughout Facebook. That's one way to get people to like your page. I have not tried it, but it's worth looking into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynt View Post
well when i was on Facebook as a person i had over 600 friends, that i could've added!!! to the Facebook business site,

but like i said I'm not on fb as a person any moor,

but I've set up a business page on fb,

and thats what i was asking how to get people to join, there doesn't seem to be a way?

Old 15th May 2012, 05:42 AM   #5
Josephp

Yes, there is a option for placing an ad on the Facebook..Try it, May be it will help you to get more visitors & traffic

Josephp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 05:57 AM   #6
mktgbiz

Yeah, initially you start off by inviting your friends.....that's how you get your LIKES. If you have no friends to invite, you'll have to obtain your LIKES through LIKE LINKS in your blog posts.....assuming you have a blog.

I'd reactivate my personal FB page and start there.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 08:24 AM   #7
WebEminence

You're asking the question as if there is an "easy button" to press to automatically get 10,000 likes. Unfortunately it's not that easy. You need to get traffic to your page to generate likes. There are many ways to do that. One was already mentioned - placing an ad on FB to generate likes. You can also place a FB widget on your website if you have one for your business.

Old 20th June 2012, 09:51 AM   #8
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Default That's right....

But, I've found that adding a few strangers (through mutural agreement), I was connected to even more people. I now have a healthy list of folks, but I only have a few family members on there. .......Getting people to 'like' you, after you have a following, is by giving something up -- unless you are a rock star or something.

Old 28th June 2012, 02:06 PM   #9
printnstyle

I'm not sure but I think you have to get people to go to your page and "like" it. At least, for a fan page that's what is done. Not really quite sure about a business page.

printnstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 07:19 PM   #10
deniseoberry

Send a message via Skype™ to deniseoberry

I agree with the previous posters. You need to be really careful though. Building a business solely on another company's platform is dangerous. Your business can be here today and gone tomorrow. A better way would be to have a website as your main hub and have a Facebook page to compliment that.

deniseoberry is offline   Reply With Quote