Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th October 2010, 03:37 AM   #1
mikeallen50

The percentage of times a keyword appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page is called keyword Density. Keyword density shows the web page relevancy to a specified keyword or keyword phrase. The keyword density should be in between 1%-3%.

There are several Keyword density analyzer tools available to check Keyword density.

Broken link is a link pointing to the web pages that are permanently unavailable. Broken link does not work and points to nowhere.

Last edited by mikeallen50; 13th October 2010 at 03:39 AM.
mikeallen50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th October 2010, 08:23 AM   #2
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

There is no probably NO optimal kewyord density, I do not think keyword density is used as a metric, keyword prominence, placement and repetition is most definitely a factor at some level

I stopped using keyword desnity some time ago and instead I concentrate on keyword placement on the page using a rule of thumb, 3 instances of a keyword in the page copy as a minimum plus one for each additional 100 words I write

Keyword density is only a local weight. The fact that a word appears many times on a specific page doesn't help much in telling what is the page about when comparing it to other pages in the index, keyword density is easily manipulated by enough repetition.

Simone

Old 17th November 2010, 01:02 AM   #3
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
There is no probably NO optimal kewyord density, I do not think keyword density is used as a metric, keyword prominence, placement and repetition is most definitely a factor at some level.

I stopped using keyword desnity some time ago and instead I concentrate on keyword placement on the page using a rule of thumb, 3 instances of a keyword in the page copy as a minimum plus one for each additional 100 words I write

Keyword density is only a local weight. The fact that a word appears many times on a specific page doesn't help much in telling what is the page about when comparing it to other pages in the index, keyword density is easily manipulated by enough repetition.

Simone
I agree to this, Keywords density is no doubt a very important factor but making a definition for it is not correct. The keyword density varies from need to need. Unnecessary keyword stuffing can not be described as keyword density. Everyone should judge the need of keyword repetition from user prospective also. Too much use of keyword could irritate the reader and they would find it repetitive and useless.

The best solution could be the proper use of keyword which will be beneficial from search engine as well as user point of view.

For more examples we can search various web pages, blogs and informative article that could help to decided keywords density for your web page content.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote