Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th September 2004, 09:38 PM   #11
Tom_Egelhoff

Default E-Book

Hi Jesse,
I would not be concerned with someone stealing or copying and providing parts of your your pdf books to others for free. I publish two pdf books and automaticly email them when people buy them on my site. I hope they give them free to everyone they know. That's free publicity for me and builds traffic to my site where I can sell them other things like speaking and consulting which are way more profitable than selling books. People sharing books is called the library; it's how you get known and build traffic. You can put your book online free at: http://www.booklocker.com/mar/intro.php - get it out there and get it working. I would also suggest getting a copy of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books by John Kremer or visit http://www.bookmarket.com - You will be amazed the doors that open once you've written a book. Best of luck to you

Tom_Egelhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd October 2004, 02:38 PM   #12
Chris

If its digital it is owned as the saying goes. However for the bulk of people this ability or knowledge is not widely known.

What format is your book in currently?

I would go two different ways if it is free.
One is to convert to a locked PDF with some of the following locked. This basic method of securing a pdf will block maybe 90% of users from being able to change the following :

Printing
Changing the document
Document assembly
Content copying or extraction
Content extraction for accessibility
Commenting
Filling of form fields
Signing
Creation of Template Pages

However to follow on from what others have mentioned. This free e-book is about driving traffic to you. So I would also convert the PDF to web pages and put it on your site so google can cache it and help drive people to your site where your main business is your excel budget application.

I use Abobe 6 Professional to do all of the above for my own businesses. Its a great product although a little expensive.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 12:50 PM   #13
aguinaga

Default eBook Publishing

Hi Rick,
How did you publish your eBook?

I just saw the post, sorry if I am a bit late on the answer. You should definitely go with pdf995 (www.pdf995.com), It is free and it gets the job done.

I recently published an eBook using pdf995 and I honestly couldn’t be happier with the results.

I also suggest that you visit eBay and search under 'eBook creator' -- You’ll
find some nice eBook compilers at very low prices.

aguinaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 03:05 PM   #14
Anita

Send a message via AIM to Anita Send a message via Yahoo to Anita Send a message via Skype™ to Anita
Thumbs up PDF995.com is great

I just want to add my endorsement for PDF995.com. I've been using it for nearly two years now and it works wonderfully. It can be used for eBooks or for any kind of simple PDF document. There is even a digital signature plugin that goes with it, if you need to authenticate legal documents, etc.

It's free for the version which sends you banner ads. Or you can pay $9.95 to do away with the ads if they bother you that much.

Any document created with PDF995 can be viewed with the free Adobe reader.

Anita is offline   Reply With Quote