Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Newsletters and Email Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd September 2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Esquire7

Default What Is The Best Way To Promote A Free Website?

Hi I'm new in the internet marketing business and I have a free hosted website. It's a online mall and it doesn't get traffic. I would like to know what would be the best way or ways to promote /popularize the site.
Thank you

Esquire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th September 2009, 03:39 PM   #2
alex27

Send a message via Yahoo to alex27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire7 View Post
Hi I'm new in the internet marketing business and I have a free hosted website. It's a online mall and it doesn't get traffic. I would like to know what would be the best way or ways to promote /popularize the site.
Thank you
Hi Esquire,

Maybe I can help you. Well I do optimize and promote different website. Try to post your URL in social bookmarking site, join forums and the topic that categorize your website, make blogs, or write articles about online mall and submit it in different article sites. The best thing too is to join social media site or networking sites, make friends and join with their community. The more you get a connection the more you get a traffic.

alex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Esquire7

Thank you...I'll try

Old 27th September 2009, 07:50 AM   #4
rvnet

First rule: Have your own web site.

You can not be serious to do your online business with a free web site. People see your credibility and web site. Plus your own web site will be profitable in long run. Think of this - 'what if your host shuts down after you promote your free site for few years?'. If it is your own domain name, you can move on to another host.

Old 27th September 2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Esquire7

I've been said that before and it got me thinking..
Excuse my lack of knowledge but what would the next steps be?

Old 11th October 2009, 01:54 AM   #6
cpace

Your next step needs to be for you to get a domain name, and a managed server. From there, you can redirect your old website to your new one (via a 301 redirect, or a manual redirect).

cpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 10:38 AM   #7
annalaurabrown

I also highly recommend article marketing. This one method alone has given me page one rankings on google for many of my websites. I offer free training as well as an inexpensive paid product on the website in my sig file.

annalaurabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 09:46 PM   #8
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

Only thing I can add is when you do choose a web hosting service make sure its servers are not blocked anywhere.

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 03:28 AM   #9
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Getting regular traffic would be tough task if you have failed to rank in some competitive keywords. Unless your website rank top in some competitive keywords, you will never be able to get some good amount of profit. So, at the first stage, try to get as many inbound links from reputed sites as possible and do not forget to add keyword rich content in your website.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 04:46 AM   #10
stephen186

If you are really serious in online marketing, you have to have at least a paid hosting and domain name....

However for free hosted website, i would suggest article marketing, video marketing, social bookmarking, link exchange...

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote