Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th November 2009, 07:33 AM   #21
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I have hired freelance writers also from India and have been pleased with the original content they provided which brought us clients

Do you run any analytics? I use analytics to see which keywords are popular, and which keywords I would like more rankings for

Old 27th November 2009, 04:16 AM   #22
gomziwms45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I have hired freelance writers also from India and have been pleased with the original content they provided which brought us clients

Do you run any analytics? I use analytics to see which keywords are popular, and which keywords I would like more rankings for
Oh well, I may be one of them.. LOL
I have recently started my freelancing activities, involving writing articles for blogs and websites and also about some general topics.

gomziwms45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 02:26 PM   #23
Beebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbystewart View Post
You can always hire a freelance writer to write articles about your site/service if writing isn't your thing.
I have hired freelance writers in the past for general articles and press releases and was pleased with them.
If you need a referral, let me know.
It's a hit or miss thing. I have hired a wonderful freelance writer before. When she want to school I tried to look for someone as good as her. I hired this writer and he just copied from other sites.

Beebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:21 AM   #24
icondosmanila

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahota View Post
Hi Debra,

I will try explaining. Its hard initially to find topics you should write on. But just think about following:

1. Buyers Guide and Tips - This can cover things like what prospective customers of your products should look before buying products from you and other websites. e.g. say you sell cars. You might be writing "Top 5 tips for buying great ford mondeo" etc etc ....

2. How to Use your products.... Depending on what you sell, you can make How to guides. e.g. "How to wear a scarf" for website selling scarves etc....

Another great way to come across various ideas is to use Google Alerts.... Setup alert for your main keywords and then you can refine it and also setup alerts for long tail keywords.

You can go to Google Alert and setup say alert for CAR , and then "Red Car" and then "For Mondeo" ..... And choose frequency of alerts as per your wish. Then you keep reading these alerts you receive everyday...As many as you can...because I am sure you will receive loads... And these will give you great ideas about what you can write and also content for articles...e.g. you can pick something you like from Alerts and then quote that in your article and discuss on that....

I hope this is helpful.

Nice tips Sahota. Marketing product should be clear, precise and engaging. Thanks.

icondosmanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 12:20 PM   #25
maiska

Guys, I was wondering: at this point I am mostly interested in link building. I have a lot of my own original quality content that I wrote as term papers, etc. at college that have no relevance to my current business that is translation services. Could I submit these papers as articles and then in the About Author section write that "the author works for my-company-link that provides translation services, etc". Do you think that would do for a start?

maiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:43 PM   #26
counterpart2010

steal ideas from a publication called Metro (world wide)

and watch the ads for hooks - free, govn't info, toll free

etc.

this is easy and fun to do!

create squeeze pages (see wiki.com)

etc.

counterpart2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:00 PM   #27
mikehussy1990

I agree with the idea of submitting articles [in order to get] a lot of targeted visitors to a site, however, I was wondering, 'What keeps Michel Fortin writing ?' I mean,You know, I'm subscribed to a ton of ezines. A lot of them and their respective URLs were recently published in another article entitled "Sources and Resources"

see SuccessDoctor.com/article66.htm

Last edited by Debra; 23rd December 2009 at 05:06 PM.
mikehussy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 07:49 AM   #28
mikehussy1990

Article writing is great fun, if the material contained a good and valuable contents according to the readers interest.

mikehussy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:06 PM   #29
Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM-Marketing View Post
I found out that shorter articles get a better click through rate than longer ones. So the shorter the better around 300-400 words. And make sure you write a call of action at the end in your resource box. Telling your reader to visit your site.

Also good to keep the article incomplete and that they can get the rest of the information if they go to your site. There you have a chance to capture a lead and market to them.

Hope that helps out a bit
Great info I've never heard the rule of placing an incomplete article. But I've encountered many articles written in this manner and I often followed to the website.

excellent thread many good ideas

Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:15 PM   #30
plusplustutor

Write about what you know. Make the articles good quality. Submit the articles to the following directories: http://www.vretoolbar.com/articles/d...order=PageRank
Include a link to your website.