Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th November 2009, 09:28 AM   #1
gomziwms45

Default Do You Find It Safe To Upload Your Pic On Social Networking Sites?

I don't mind uploading my picture on social networking sites. but i guess it is more unsafe for girls to upload their pictures on the internet. But for me, it just expresses my way of interacting with people around. Do you prefer uploading your own pic ?

gomziwms45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th November 2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Sas123

I don't see any danger in uploading my pic on social media sites. What dangers are you talking about? maybe I don't know something that I should be aware of?

Old 15th November 2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Chelsea Elm

I think you are reffering to that family's photo on a SM which end up as an advertising poster for a shop on the other side of the world? I think personal and family photos should be carefully chosen before posting them on any SM site!

Chelsea Elm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

If it's just your own picture then I think it's fine. In fact, I prefer to see a "real" photo when networking with people online. The main thing in my mind is to protect your personal contact information (home address, home phone number, etc.).

Mind you, much depends on the goal behind your social networking activities.

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 05:17 AM   #5
gomziwms45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sas123 View Post
I don't see any danger in uploading my pic on social media sites. What dangers are you talking about? maybe I don't know something that I should be aware of?
I was talking about getting your picture hacked. I think you are not aware of the cases that have happened around. I mean someone may copy your pic and then change it using some software and upload it anywhere where it should not be present.

gomziwms45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 02:27 PM   #6
annalaurabrown

well safe or not, you will not make much money or do any business unless you do post your picture. People want to do business with a real human being and this is a must for online business success.

annalaurabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 01:38 AM   #7
smartmind

Hi dear fellows:
Very important discussion is going on and i would really like to join this discussion. Obviously pictures may be safe or unsafe in some cases. It depends on the purpose of uploading picture on the web interface. Moreover girls should avoid uploading their pictures on the web without any serious matter.It can be dangerous and problem creating for them.
Hope you will consider my views regarding this discussion.
Thanks!

smartmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 05:48 PM   #8
Casie_at_GH

I guess that goes along with what TYPE of picture you are uploading. In posting anything on the internet, it can come back and haunt you. I would just say be careful what picture you choose to post.

As a girl I will admit I have never thought twice about my picture being stolen...I mean, I don't really think anyone would want to use it :P

Casie_at_GH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 06:45 AM   #9
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

Well, I tend to be pretty careful with it, all the personal information of me, including the photo are not for the internet

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 09:14 AM   #10
janicejan

people love to see the real photos of the ones they are talking too, specially on social networking sites. I also found no danger in uploading your own photos unless it contains showing a lot on your body part specially nudity. People will definitely feast on your photos and might also copy it and pass it to someone they know.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote