Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th November 2009, 08:27 AM   #1
gomziwms45

Default Do You Earn From Social Networking Sites?

I have been earning from social networking sites like mylot and mypage5.
I find it very interesting that you can earn by just making new friends and talking to them and discussing on some topics.
Do you also earn from such sites?
Which sites do you use?

gomziwms45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th November 2009, 07:37 AM   #2
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

I've never tried this, as heard it doesn't worth doing it.But I see you have a good experience

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 09:35 AM   #3
annalaurabrown

It is far better to use social media to make money indirectly by promoting events, your email list and developing business relationships.

annalaurabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 01:29 PM   #4
ErnstG

Default Page5?

I tried registering on Page 5 this afternoon and was surprised. . . . . most of the posts are one-liners and there are lots of pop-ups. Doesn't look like a real forum -- say, one like this. Something isn't quite right there . . . . money doesn't really grow on trees.

ErnstG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 10:09 PM   #5
ericsullivan1

Social Networking Sites is were most of your friends are. then you keep adding people to your page/site and more people will know about you. Facebook is really in. myspace as well

ericsullivan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 12:56 AM   #6
Lentrepot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomziwms45 View Post
I have been earning from social networking sites like mylot and mypage5.
I find it very interesting that you can earn by just making new friends and talking to them and discussing on some topics.
Do you also earn from such sites?
Which sites do you use?
I'm curious how you can earn from a social networking site like Mylot by talking to friends? I mainly use Facebook and Twitter for promotion, but have never earned directly from the site. How was your experience and what did you do to earn from it?

Lentrepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 05:19 AM   #7
Sas123

Do you mean SMO? In fact, it's rather complicated to earn through SMO in a short time. If you talk about social bookmarking, then you can earn backlinks. And they can bring customers and money.

Old 24th November 2009, 02:24 PM   #8
GetYourBizSavvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalaurabrown View Post
It is far better to use social media to make money indirectly by promoting events, your email list and developing business relationships.
I agree. If you want to grow your own business this is what to use it for. I do not believe in making some "quick cash" from just talking with people. A business is not fast cash.

GetYourBizSavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 06:59 AM   #9
David Morson

Arrow Some Explanation required,

I don't have much experience about what you are saying If you have something more to tell then explain it in a bit detail.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 09:32 AM   #10
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I have made sales from social media but I wouldnīt ever advise a client of mine to go full steam ahead with social media but I would advise they stick their foot in a little but focus on other areas while running social media alongside their marketing

Twitter is where I have made sales mainly but also from Facebook groups

I find that Social Media is a great way of getting your brand name out there but very few sales are generated from it - unless you are Dell - LOL (who have now made in excess of $2 million just from Twitter sales alone!)

I am on the majority of the social media websites (although I have just been thrown off Facebook - how stylish! According to them I have been reported for abuse - but I am never in the habit of abusing anyone, falsely accused without a doubt there) such as MySpace, Facebook, Linkedin, Bebo, Twitter and the list goes on

I donīt know the stats with regards to sales vs social media but I would hazard a guess the stats are not as bright as sales vs Google.

I also run a Scoliosis support group and via Twitter I have gained more members but I am not selling anything with that, just pure and simple support, therefore making it easier to network with people