Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th October 2009, 09:33 AM   #11
Whitecastle

Default nice tips

All are very useful, but really be careful with link buying

Whitecastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:21 AM   #12
saivenkat

once you stop paying, your links get drop. so be careful with buying links...l

saivenkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 10:26 AM   #13
Feechi

Send a message via Yahoo to Feechi Send a message via Skype™ to Feechi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecastle View Post
All are very useful, but really be careful with link buying
Definately stay away from link buying. One way I build backlinks is to comment on forums and blogs. I spend many hours doing so but when I'm commenting on something that interest me and where I can offer my expert advice, then the work doesn't really seem like work. So, search for blogs in areas that interest you and start commenting.

Feechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 06:04 AM   #14
gomziwms45

Thanks a lot for explaining the work and the benefits related to Link building. I used to have a different opinion about it. But your post has made my dounts clear.

gomziwms45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 11:32 PM   #15
romanojames

^what are your basic techniques in acquiring links?Mind to share?

Old 5th November 2009, 05:17 AM   #16
Mary42

Link building is a process of placing your text link on highly relevant and related websites or directories. Link building is one of the most important activity that should always be a part of your SEO strategy. Link building usually requires ample amount of time and dedication.

5 Tips for Effective Link Building

Mary42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 03:47 AM   #17
JanetJay

Getting links from sites in good neighbourhoods is more important than getting lots of rubbish links. Try to get linked from 2.0 sites like blogger, wordpress, wikipedia, youtube, squidoo, hub pages and the like.

Reciprocal links don't have the same value as they once had.

JanetJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 02:12 AM   #18
maahi

The way your website ranks in the Search Engines Result Pages (SERP) depends on many variables. One of the most important ones is the number of links in external pages pointing to your website.

Link Building is a term that describes the efforts of a web designer to add links to his/her website in other sites.

There are many ways to get links to your website - you can subscribe to web directories, post in forums having a link to your website in the signature, and many more.

Generally, the more links you have to your website, the better. Note, however, that search engines can distinguish a forum signature from a link to your website in an article. This means that you should try to receive links from quality websites on topics similar to yours.

Avoid spamming by posting many posts to forums or leaving comments in blogs that have links to your website. Search engines will sooner or later recognize this as spam and the effect on your ranking will be negative.

maahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 01:01 AM   #19
linds

no idea
Believe it or not!

linds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 06:19 PM   #20
kath4copy

Default Directory submits

What do you think of semi-automated submissions to directories? I have been trying this and targeting directories with a PR of at least 3. Is this a good strategy for quality backlinks?

K

kath4copy is offline   Reply With Quote