Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th September 2010, 06:55 AM   #11
emrktingstware

Default Email Marketing Software

It depends on your project if you want to use for a little program then to for word press, orals go for any other joomla, drupal, any other good.

emrktingstware is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th September 2010, 06:33 AM   #12
emrktingstware

There is a wide range of content management systems available in the market and over internet. Some of them are freely available and some of them are available at reasonable cost. To answer this question, we should go in some further details, like the features of content management system. A CMS should have some basic qualities which are as follows:

Ease of use, Web based publication, Format management, Revision control, easy communication between users, Indexing, Allow a large number of users, Searching, Easy data storage, Retrieval.

Old 8th September 2010, 06:19 AM   #13
emrktingstware

There are three ways to for Content Management Software

Word Press is current with today's web standards and looks much cleaner and professional than some of its competitors.

Drupal is a free open source modular framework Drupal is used as a back end system for a variety of websites. With reliable Drupal hosting, you enjoy a constant online presence without interruption.

The Joomla software is one of the most flexible types of Content Management Systems, especially when it comes to customizing and adapting it to design and develop different types of specialty Joomla websites.

Old 8th September 2010, 03:25 PM   #14
WebWizard

Beginners should take advantage of Wordpress.

When you want to brand, and start doing heavy idenity changes move over to joolma or drupal or create a custom built platform ^_-

WebWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 11:04 PM   #15
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Default Joomla for me, But loving the clean lines of Wordpress

Am inclined to switch to wordpress as I just love the clean simplicity of the sites.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 09:31 AM   #16
sidera

Hi,

My CMS of choice is WordPress. That's what I use to build all my client's sites. About any type of site you can think of can be based on WordPress, even ecommerce sites.
With the new custom post type in WP 3.0, it's even more flexible.
Of course I'm a little biased, I haven't really any experience with other CMS such as Joomla or Expression Engine or Drupal.
If you have questions about WordPress, feel free to PM me.

sidera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 06:54 PM   #17
DawnEd

I have a friend who is in a private beta testing and he has a great software, he said it will be public beta in november, i just had time to write down the name before he came back. I think it's Enerwings, or something like that. I'm waiting to have news from that software. He said to me, it will include a CMS, but he doesn't know if it will be free.

DawnEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 11:32 AM   #18
Timothy Scotch

Hello there,

I started off using Joomla, while it has it's correct use case, it is not the most intuitive CMS for end users. Took me about 3 weeks or so before I was comfortable using it myself.

I have since then gone on a massive journey to find the CMS that I like best and have settled on Umbraco.

The bottom line however is that there is no one 'best' CMS, they all have a place and purpose. Below are the ones I have tried (amongst a few others)...and I see things like this;

Wordpress - Great for simple sites that just have a bit of content and the enduser is a novice
Joomla - Good for sites which need stock standard extensions. Not really very good idea for doing custom jobs.
Drupal - Its more of a framework and as such has a high learning curve, but with it comes power. Better for larger budget sites with more custom functionality.
Dotnetnuke - Simple user interface, the code is a bit of a mess and skinning difficult
Umbraco - Great for building up sites with custom functionality. Not real useful for cheap standard feature installs.

Old 13th December 2010, 06:30 AM   #19
radiomedia

Thumbs up

Drupal is open source software and in these time the largest number of company use it for a wide range of purposes.Whether its create any type of website i.e.personal blogs, developing corporate CMS websites, managing social networking sites or streamlining enterprise resources etc.Drupal is find it everywhere.So i think this is the best software for content management system.

radiomedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 12:05 AM   #20
ezyebusiness

Wordpress is classified as a Blog system and is suitable for beginners. For something with more power under the bonet try Joomla or DotNetNuke.

ezyebusiness is offline   Reply With Quote