Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:12 AM   #11
Akmalshahzad

Great article , i have my one blog and i'm getting daily 150 plus visitors on a very main keyword and belive me i never target that keyword that was so hot keyword and have Huge Competition , but when i start receiving Visitors from that keyword , i was very exited i thought i got first position on that keyword on google And then i search my blog on that keyword and believe me i didn't find my blog on first 25 pages , i was shocked and i thought maybe google analytics have some problem and they are not showing me correct Report And i talk about this with A SEO Expert and he told me search that keyword on google image search then i found that one of my pic ( i have just one pic on my blog) is on first Position And thats why i am receiving huge traffic , And then i get That this is a great trick For having Extra traffic on blogs

Akmalshahzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd May 2009, 05:18 AM   #12
janicejan

its not a bad idea indeed, normal people usually look for random photos and it might also be a great idea to optimize it for gaining extra traffic for our site..

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 09:08 AM   #13
sahota

Yes extra traffic always help, it might generate direct sale at that moment. But its just like sometime you walk into a store when you just want to have a look at various things but not buy anything. Then later few weeks after that you make mind to buy something. So traffic from image can generate sales later on. If not anything else, it helps in BRAND awareness. Might be someone who looks at image on your website will talk about your products in his or her blog or even might talk to some friends. So in nutshell squeeze every bit of traffic which is FREE.

Also thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. It was my first informative piece for this forum but I think will contribute regularly now.

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote