Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th April 2009, 09:19 PM   #1
rufman

Default What Should My Page Title Be?

If I make custom fortune cookies what should the title of my page be?

rufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:24 AM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Had a quick look at your site! Interesting product! Looks neat! Just wondering... is this more of a novelty item?? I don't want to get into prices, etc. but are you priced to compete to resteraunts?? Or are you hitting the home/personal market?? Just wondering, because that may change the titles and direction.

Have you considered adding 'desserts' and other words like 'cookies'. I am not sure of the 'Dipped Fortune Cookies' and terms like 'Jumbo' are doing you any good. People are not (probably not) going to search for Jumbo Fortune Cookies.

I would suggest that you leave terms like that for your meta desctiption. For titles, I would want the terms that people will search by. If they don't know it's available, why would they search for it?? Therefore, until I saw your site, I didn't think a jumbo fortune cookie was available. I would never search for that term. Keep the 'searchable' terms in your title.

Hope that helps!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 10:22 AM   #3
smartbookings

it should be short yet keyword rich without going over the top.

smartbookings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 03:01 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

The problem with trying for search engine optimization for a unique product is that SEO only works when people are already searching for what you offer. That's the whole point of SEO -- to show up for phrases that people are already using that are related to your product.

So, do some keyword research. Find phrases people are already using that describe things related to your product. Determine which of those phrases is the one "strongest" (or maybe two phrases, depending on what the phrases are) -- that is, the one that you think has the best potential for bringing you the most traffic with the best chance of converting into sales for you -- and use that (or those, as the case may be).

For instance, I notice you have subpages for wedding favors, corporate trade shows, baby showers, etc. And, of course, you'd want to optimize the title tags of each of these pages with appropriate phrases for those specific uses of your products.

It may be that your best bet would be to focus on one or two of the most popular of these uses for your products for your home page, unless you find that there are indeed significant numbers of people searching for the phrase "custom fortune cookies" or something like that. On the other hand, you may find there are a lot more people searching for something like "creative wedding favors", in which case, that might be a better bet for the home page title.

Your starting point has to be keyword research.

--Torka

Old 12th April 2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Money5

( Your Own City Name Here) Custom Fortune Cookies

Money5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 05:19 AM   #6
Jack16

Yes, Torka was absolutely right....

You should research on keywords which suits well for your site. Use free keyword tools to estimate the traffic for desired keywords.

Concentrate on long tail keywords and key phrases so that you can get some quick and good results. Optimize title and meta tags relevant to the content in your site.

Old 15th April 2009, 06:41 AM   #7
tellscript

i agree, search for keywords that suits your site so that you'll be able to gauge your website traffic...

tellscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 04:12 AM   #8
janicejan

adding up your location on your keyword will enable google to register your site base on your location, and it's a pretty good idea, your site may rank well in google's geographic results.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 09:14 AM   #9
garebear

Thanks for all the tips people!

garebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:25 AM   #10
proprint1

Default What about?

What about adding fast or cheap or large or small?

proprint1 is offline   Reply With Quote