Got this in an email from selfgrowth.com. Nice recap on tips to building your website:
1. Create useful content on your website. Nothing
else is as important.
2. Update your useful content regularly. Today’s
web audiences expect to see fresh material, and having
regularly-updated content will keep them coming back.
3. Build sticky and interactive pages on your website
including discussion boards, comment capability and
anything else that helps build community.
4. Create an e-mail newsletter. This is an extremely
effective way to link back to your website and
continuously drive traffic.
5. Seek out partnerships with other people with e-mail
lists to promote your website.
6. RSS Feeds are a great way to keep visitors informed
of fresh content on your site. For an explanation of
RSS Feeds, see
7. Create an affiliate program to promote your
products and services.
8. Use Search Engine Optimization techniques to get
listed naturally at the top of Google, Yahoo and other
search engines. Read more here:
9. Podcasting. Podcasts are a great way to build a
regular audience and keep them coming back. See
10. Invest in Pay Per Click Advertising (ie. Google
Adwords and Yahoo) to drive targeted traffic to your
11. Submit your articles or book excerpts to other
websites with links back to your website.
12. Blogging. Blogs are a fantastic way to create
fresh content that builds a regular audience. You can use
the following tool to find out which blog software is
right for you: http://www.weblogmatrix.org/
13. Social Networking. Build profiles on popular
social networking sites such as MySpace, Facebook, or
Linked In. You can use these profiles to connect to
others with similar interests and send them to your
14. Social Bookmarking. For more on social
bookmarking, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x66lV7GOcNU
15. Invest in other forms of paid Internet advertising
including banner advertising.