Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd January 2009, 01:34 AM   #1
cyberfriend

Smile Softwre For Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?

I am a internet marketing assisitance currently i am studing about Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) so what type of software i have to use for making traffic and others

cyberfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:44 PM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

You need the following:

A web hosting account
A website

Beyond that, the only "software" you need resides between your ears. Real SEO is brain work.

Read the posts in this forum. You'll find most of the information you need to get you started.

--Torka

Old 4th January 2009, 03:23 PM   #3
Vernita Sherman

The only software you need is an html editor to build a website. SEO is all about how you build the website. You need to understand how to use keywords on pages and in the meta tags, as well as other basic SEO techniques.

There is software that makes building a SEO website easier, such as Xsitepro, but I recommend learning how to create a site with a regular html editor so that you can grasp the basics of html code.

Vernita Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 05:48 AM   #4
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
You need the following:

A web hosting account
A website

Beyond that, the only "software" you need resides between your ears. Real SEO is brain work.

Read the posts in this forum. You'll find most of the information you need to get you started.

--Torka
You are absolutely right. One can visit the Google Webmaster Blog for forming a first hand concept about SEO. You can download this e-book:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/doc...rter-guide.pdf

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 08:42 AM   #5
luckycharmz336

Great points, follow Googles SEO guidelines always. The only way you will succeed is with hard work and diligence.

A few tools for link building that I find helpful are PRProwler, SEO SpyGlass and I love creating and utilizing blogs...

luckycharmz336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 07:46 PM   #6
danuka86

If you want to make huge organic traffic (traffic from search engines) then you have to get high SERP. High SERP can achive using good On page and Off page SEO methods.

Off page seo methods such as back links, anchor text are very important than onpage optimization.

Personaly I use SEOELITE for my SEO purpose. It is quite expensive but good investment.

Last edited by danuka86; 12th January 2009 at 07:50 PM.
danuka86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 01:02 AM   #7
TonyRenis

There are four types of software that makes building a SEO website easier, which are:

1:SEO Suite (Boost Traffic And Rankings)
SEO Suite v8.0 is a high level SEO software (Search Engine Optimization Software) which contains more than 25 SEO tools to assist you in optimizing your or your clients’ website to achieve a higher search engine ranking. It includes Web Site Optimizer, Search Engine Submitter, Link Building Tools and Reporting Tools.
2:PPC BidMax (Increase Pay Per Click Returns)
PPC BidMax (formerly Dynamic Bid Maximizer) is the ultimate in automated Pay Per Click bid management software. This is an essential PPC bid management tool to help you manage online advertising campaigns for Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and MSN Adcenter under one simple interface.
3:Mail Communicator (Increase Email Marketing Reach)
Mail Communicator is an All-In-One automated bulk email marketing software and mailing list management software that allows you to create, manage and track your permission based bulk email campaigns and newsletter distributions. This email marketing software offers solutions for high volume personalized email with powerful additional features that will help your business make the maximum profit from direct email marketing.
4:Site Stats (Real Time Web site Statistics)
Dynamic SiteStats Cost Retrieval - A real time web site statistics analysis system tracks online marketing performance, calculate the ROI of your paid search campaigns(PPC) for each distinct keyword.

TonyRenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:49 AM   #8
smallbizmkter

Hi, just wanted to share my experience with web-building software. I have built many sites for my clients using XSitePro, most of which were found on the search engines within a few days with 1st page rankings on Google. It is easy to use for anyone with basic PC skills - e.g. Microsoft Word. It produces sites which are professional looking, without flashy animation however to make them more search engine friendly. Price is $197 currently - it is software, so no ongoing charges.

If anyone is interested in finding out more, I have set up a page with some bonus offers to make the process even easier, you can check it out at XSitePro Bonuses

Happy to answer any questions about the product, too!

smallbizmkter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 10:47 AM   #9
FrankPinch

Internet Business Promoter
Link-assistant
WebCEO
These are the softwares used to analyse & direct your SEO efforts

FrankPinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:56 PM   #10
debbystewart

There is no software but there are many tools that you can use to help you such as backlink checkers, keyword tools, etc..

debbystewart is offline   Reply With Quote