Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th November 2009, 12:06 AM   #41
smartmind

Obviously link exchange is very useful in increasing the traffic on forums and promoting the websites. Links can be exchanged through involving in forum discussion or online advertising as well.

smartmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th November 2009, 06:45 PM   #42
jthopkins

Send a message via AIM to jthopkins Send a message via Skype™ to jthopkins

What about these multi-link exchange programs like Telalinks. You put a couple of files, links and pages on your server and next thing you know there are 5400 in and out bound links on your site. My question is, do search engines pick up on this as something good or bad?

jthopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 05:27 AM   #43
romanojames

As long as the link exchange is between an authority sites with a high PR, you would definitely benefit from it especially if its a dofollow site.

Old 4th December 2009, 05:37 AM   #44
David Morson

I already know of the benefits of link exchange but can I know that what are the tips of an effective link exchange which may benefit your site most.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 04:49 AM   #45
FBCondos

It will be both beneficial to those sites that promotes the same interests. It also gives the opportunity to be recognized and be visible in the target market. It does also affect the page ranking of a certain site.

FBCondos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 12:37 AM   #46
james786

Link exchanges have advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, they have the advantages of bringing in a highly targeted readership.On the other hand, they have the disadvantages of potentially distracting visitors away to other sites before they have fully explored the site the site that the original link was on

james786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 09:29 PM   #47
AirForce1

Send a message via MSN to AirForce1

In my own experiences, link exchanging might be helpful for traffic if you link with some sites on the same niches. But there would be a problem because you need to track your links and confirm you are not linking to some bad neighbors or dead sites.

Thanks,

AirForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 03:44 PM   #48
. merchan .

Default . Merchant Businesses that Exchange Relevant links .

Hi to all Businessmen Forum Members,

Link Exchange is not the total Traffic Building all in all...
but if you are looking to gain some exposure for your sites - reciprocal linking with sites relevant to yours has a few benefits.

Link Exchange is Great for Newly Launched & Mature Sites, that are looking to increase their sites Link Popularity.

Link Exchange Services are a great place for webmasters to surf for potential pageranking prospects.

*** here's to your Companie Businesses Success !

Thankyou.
Greatest Regards,
. merchan .

Last edited by . merchan .; 23rd March 2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Complying to this forums rules - Bold Text distracts
. merchan . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:48 AM   #49
JunkDawgs

Default Conflict/Question

So, here is my conflict with Link Building. I am a small business owner and am sold on the organic and pay advertising markets to reach customers. However, I have companies guaranteeing they can eventually get us to the top of the first page all the time.

It seems to me that link building, PR's, blogs, etc. are the things that can get you there; however, the companies at the top of the 1st page of organic results already know that, which is probably why they are there. So, a little company like mine competing against a corporate budget, in theory, would always be behind on a link building campaign because for every link I'm adding there is a company adding one for the big dogs too, right? So, it seems impossible to catch the big corporate budgets at the top short of solely committing my efforts, day and night, to SEO. Thoughts?

JunkDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 10:41 PM   #50
pitterjhon44

Link exchange helps to exchange traffic and build backlinks for your website. It is not considered a good method by Google as it resembles link trading between two websites.

pitterjhon44 is offline   Reply With Quote