Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th May 2009, 07:37 AM   #1
Michael Lake

Default What Is Your ONE Question For The Marketing Genie?

You found a lamp this past weekend containing a genie who can solve ANY marketing problem for your business. But you only get ONE wish. What ONE problem relating to your marketing would you ask him to solve?

Please be specific. In other words, "turning my business into a $100MM enterprise" or even "Making more sales" is too broad. The genie can only solve a particular problem. (He's good but not that good!)

Think of some aspect of your sales and marketing with which you've become frustrated, or that by mastering a particular marketing topic, you would get past a tough roadblock.

For your answer, I offer you a cool video unlike any you've yet seen. Here are three to choose from. (Just paste the links into your browser.) All I ask is that you give me an answer in exchange. And hey.. Maybe the genie's real!

On marketing strategy: http://bit.ly/hfS6x
On social media: http://bit.ly/Uyuse
On selling more: http://bit.ly/5zqJo

Michael Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:59 AM   #2
mzcat

Hello Michael,

I have an affiliate website that I purchased a domain name for. When I place an ad on Google Adwords they tell me that my display url isn't the same as the landing page. I don't understand this at all. So far I haven't been able to find the info that I need. Can you help?

aff site: applepatchdiet.com/cl85265
domain: beethinagain.com

Thank you!

mzcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 11:08 AM   #3
Logan
Administrator

I guess the genie is sleeping ... anyways, hi mzcat. Basically, Google does not allow you to redirect to an affiliate domain as you have things setup.

Quote:
Google Adwords they tell me that my display url isn't the same as the landing page
So if your domain is beethinagain.com (the page people view when they click the ad) then the url within the ad must also be the same.

... now back to your regularly scheduled genie programming ...

Old 27th February 2015, 11:35 AM   #4
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Arrow Simple solution

I realize that this topic is now almost 6 years old, but for anyone facing the same problem as mzcat, there’s a simple solution.

As Logan says, Google Adwords won't allow redirects to an affiliate page. But seriously, if that's what you're trying to do, you're doing it all wrong in the first place.

Your should NEVER send your leads to an affiliate merchant's site without PRE-SELLING that site, merchant and product.

You're supposed to be the trusted independent expert who is recommending this merchant/site/productso give your prospective buyers solid reasons to go, view and buy!

Reviews, videos, recommendations, testimonials, etc are all valid ways to build trust.

But make sure you don't review, recommend or vouch for ANY product — or merchant — that doesn't meet the Three Criteria of Fulfilment.

If they fail to meet ALL THREE of those essential criteria, you can expect to be seen as untrustworthy or even a scammer. And you'll have earned that trashed reputation through your failure to do your due diligence.

Last edited by MarketingDoctor; 27th February 2015 at 11:41 AM.
MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote