Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2009, 01:15 PM   #21
Jynell

Our company utilizes authorize.net, as well as we have established numerous merchant accounts with our banking relationships. I have heard more and more people state the problems they are having with PayPal. Seems like as they have scaled, it has become more difficult from a processing standpoint. Have others found the same to be true??

Jynell is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th March 2009, 06:14 PM   #22
$$maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
I have gotten a merchant account with First Data now and I also have Google Checkout.

At the moment I am trying to sell some things on Craigslist and I am in the process of learning how to create websites. I am a little short on cash right now because of a transaction in which First Data hit my account recently for $35.00 which has caused me and overdraft on my bank account.

I am currently unemployed but looking and I am thinking that the only way that I am going to come up with any kind of money in any kind of time is to start posting my SMC products on Craigslist.

That leaves me with the problem of being able to collect payment as all of the SMC products would have to be drop shipped as I currently don't have any products on hand at the moment and until I start getting some money comming in right now I am going to have a problem doing either that or even just trying to come up with my rent.

I was wondering if anyone might happen to know as to how I can effectively with that situation as I know that a lot of people are probably not going to be willing to e-mail me their credit card or checking information and at the moment I am not really sure as to how to handle this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can more effectively deal with that without having a website?

you are trying to fund your business with other people $$

you need to get a personal or business loan so you dont have to deal with this problem, you need to be able to get the product to your customer with out having to wait for there payment. I see this alot and usually ends with chargebacks because it takes to long for the merchant to get the merchandise to the customer because they cant ship the product until they recieve payment.

$$maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 06:20 PM   #23
rdonovan1

I would get a loan if I could, but since my credit is really bad I just don't see as to how I can get a loan from anywhere for any reason.

I wanted to do eBay last year as well as things like having my own eBay store and my own website and originally I was going to use PayPal as my payment processor, but due to a scam that I ended up getting caught up in due to my interest in the dating scene Paypal is now telling me that I owe them.

I disagree with them and would like to fight it, but at the moment I just don't know as to how to do that and that is why I ended up getting the merchant account through First Data.

rdonovan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 01:31 AM   #24
davetaraszkiewi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone might happen to have some suggestions as to where to find good payment processors and as to who might be good other than PayPal.

I am just wondering because I am having problems with PayPal due to a scam that I ended up getting involved with last year and at the moment PayPal will not recoginize it as a scam and have since closed my account and so far I have been unsuccessful at getting them to overturn their decision and to realize that they had a big hand in what happened.
Ok wow dont even think about using a 3rd party processor you will be paying way to much. Go direct. If you need help with this let me know email me at davesworld734 @ Gmail.com

davetaraszkiewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 01:36 AM   #25
davetaraszkiewi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynell View Post
Our company utilizes authorize.net, as well as we have established numerous merchant accounts with our banking relationships. I have heard more and more people state the problems they are having with PayPal. Seems like as they have scaled, it has become more difficult from a processing standpoint. Have others found the same to be true??
Get away from 3rd party processors. since you have an account setup I will save you up to 20% and will buy your old contract also give you $25 if i can not save you any thing and $25 for switching over 7349342852 ask for dave

davetaraszkiewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 03:04 AM   #26
rdonovan1

Default Click and Buy

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this company called Click and Buy before.

I was just introduced to it and from what I can tell it seems like it is similar to Paypal, but at the moment I cannot tell as to how good it really is as of yet.

I also don't know as to whether or not there are any other places out there like that at all as the only places that I currently know about are Paypal and this Clickandbuy. If there are any others then I do not know of them at all as of yet.

Here is the link for this website that I recently found.

http://clickandbuy.com/US/en/

rdonovan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 10:13 PM   #27
Smallbizowner13

Default Merchant provider

I just switched from Bank of America to Choice Merchant Solutions. Saved around 1.0% on my discount rate and .15 on my transaction fee. They also paid for my termination fee and waived the application, and setup fee. I don't have all the particulars in front of me but I can tell you the discount rate is 1.59% and the transaction fee is .10. If anyone is interested in knowing more I'd be happy to pass any information along. Always willing to help a fellow SBO out.

Smallbizowner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 12:14 AM   #28
ClaudioCadwgawn

Can a cheque after being stopped once due to a stop payment instruction be presented again like that of a cheque bounced as a result of insufficient fund at state bank of Mysore....

ClaudioCadwgawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 11:32 AM   #29
netbiz

I would recommend protx for a safe payment gateway

netbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 11:58 AM   #30
Michael Lake

I use 1Shoppingcart. It has emailing, database and pretty broad solutions for auto-responders, product manipulation, and linkage to the other components that you'll need. I also use PowerPay as my access to Authorize.net as my payment gateway.

Michael Lake is offline   Reply With Quote