Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th June 2012, 07:13 AM   #1
Rhea Riis

Send a message via MSN to Rhea Riis Send a message via Skype™ to Rhea Riis
Default How To Expand Your Business Into A New Market?

At one point of time you want to expand your business and enter other markets.
You find a translator, launch an onlineshop in another language and suddenly face many questions:

- how is the culture?
- how to communicate my brand?
- is my knowledge of the other language good enough?
- what are absolute no-go's in that country?
- how do I receive visitors, users and sales?

So why not use affiliate marketing as a tool to help you out. Translating your shop, you easily can create a banner package in the respective language and depending on the market voucher codes and productfeeds. A good affiliate network will advice you on the needs of the respective country.

There are plenty of international affiliate networks, down below I highlight the most important. There are many advantages using this channel. Make sure the network provides you with the desired service level and compare the fees.
Already when the fist contact will be made with the network, you'll gain fast insight into the market which otherwise would take you a long time. Depending on the product you sell, you'll receive the first hints how to trigger the customer.
After having signed up to a network you profit from:

- the network will find the right affiliates for you.
- experienced publisher who know the local market exactly.
- positive spill over effects from international affiliates who fast can extend their activities to the other country.
- the security that you don't make a fool of yourself and your brand.
- affiliates who know what channel is the best to sell exactly your product.
- the network will support you and is interested in your success.

Here you find a list of international affiliate networks:

Partner-ads (UK, Germany, Denmark)

Tradedoubler (UK, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Finland, France, Italy, Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Belgium, Netherlands)

Zanox (UK, Netherlands, France, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, US)

Commission Juction (UK, US, France, Germany, Sweden, Spain)

Webgains (UK, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, US, Ireland)

Have success with your business!

Rhea Riis
Partner-ads

Rhea Riis is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd July 2012, 03:13 AM   #2
sophieperrone

Dear Rhea,

What a lovely insight on targeting new market; especially in multi-language countries.

Here i understand the overall scenario but i still not sure how people will prefer to buy from my Engine website who will referred by their native language affiliates ??

I tried such models previously and found that they prefer to buy from their native language website. What if we create country specific domain/website ??

sophieperrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 04:27 AM   #3
Rhea Riis

Send a message via MSN to Rhea Riis Send a message via Skype™ to Rhea Riis

Hi Sophie

I totally agree with you, the point is an approach in the native language of the potential (new) customers.

BUT
We know some single shops where English works fine for all countries, the product sells itself, but in most of the shops more information is required and here the language is the doorway.

Several possibilities if you only have an English website:

- the affiliate network finds publishers willing to translate.
(creating Google Adwords and/or a content page). The customer will be guided through all stages of information research and up to the the product decision in his own language. Only for the last step ("buy") he's deeplinked to the English page.
- the affiliate network finds publishers who know how to target customers who don't have fear of touch with English

In these cases we try to achieve sales on the main website in the original language.

A you mentioned above country specific domains/websites though will be much easier to promote.

- Still you can use international affiliates. An English Google Adwords professional will be able to define and work with eg German keywords.
- it will be easier to find more native language affiliates, since they don't need to spend time on translation.

The affiliate network will help you to find both kind of publishers.

Please don't hesitate to get back to me if I couldn't answer all your questions.

Would you be so kind and tell me the URL of the webshop you mentioned?

Have a nice day

Rhea Riis
Partner-ads

Rhea Riis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 05:31 AM   #4
sophieperrone

Thanks Rhea for quick response,

Yea i got your point on working with country specific affiliate network. I am sorry but i can not share the domain name in public hope you understand.

Have a nice day !!

sophieperrone is offline   Reply With Quote