Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th September 2005, 08:45 AM   #1
BioMan

Talking Business Peoples Hangout

These forums are great, but if you google forums and locate a site that is more about people that have made it, then you will learn more. I visit karllina.com and its more of an upmarket site as the business people show of their cars and achievments.

Id love to know of other sites that are more about 'already made it' as opposed to 'I want to be an entreprenuer'

BioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th September 2005, 10:30 AM   #2
Astaroth

To be perfectly honest, other than for a laugh, I dont see the purpose of the site you posted.

One of the advantages/ disadvantages of the internet is that anyone can claim to be anything they want. So some people have claimed that they are hotshots and have posted a picture of a car, I could easily register and post a picture of a car I happened to find on the net and claim it was mine. That and the cars on their are not that great - a merc which I can buy for 16,000 ? Hell, my company car is worth 3 times that and I wouldnt consider myself to have "made it"

Nope, unless membership is $2million per annum then I wouldnt consider any forum of people that have "made it" to be close to true - and even if it was the membership fee then the likelyhood is there are security holes for people to get through.

At least with this forum people are simply giving advise and it is up to the other party if they take it or not.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 01:59 AM   #3
BioMan

Good comment.

Perhaps I didnt say it right.

Sites that have people that have made it... Hmmm sounds the same, doesnt it. If you take 'made it' as being millionaires, then thats ok. People on this forum havent made it, as in they are still putting together their concept. I guess thats why this forum is called Small business ideas. Not Small Business completed, which is what I am looking for.

I still enjoy it here and will assist where I can

BioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 04:15 AM   #4
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMan
Good comment.

Perhaps I didnt say it right.

Sites that have people that have made it... Hmmm sounds the same, doesnt it. If you take 'made it' as being millionaires, then thats ok. People on this forum havent made it, as in they are still putting together their concept. I guess thats why this forum is called Small business ideas. Not Small Business completed, which is what I am looking for.

I still enjoy it here and will assist where I can
I understand what you are trying to say but dont think anyone thinks the have "made it"

My boss is one of the original founders of the company I work for, he was also exceptionally clever (there is a reason why he is the director of strategy) as he also founded a software company at the same time which created the software package we use to this day and his second company owns the rights to it. 21 years later we now have over 20,000 employees, made over 600 million (over $1 billion) profit last year but if you ask him he still wont consider that he has made it even though we are the UK number 1 in the market we originally started in and in the top 10 in every market we current compete.

On the forum you will find many people who have a successful business, many who are in the process of setting one up and a few like myself who dont own/run their own business but feel they have something to contribute.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2005, 04:32 PM   #5
jmjj215
VIP Contributor

It seemed a bit superficial for my taste.

jmjj215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 02:25 PM   #6
Old Welsh Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMan
These forums are great, but if you google forums and locate a site that is more about people that have made it,
What makes you think that there are NOT people here who have 'made it' ?

What a load of tosh IMO.