Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th May 2006, 02:09 AM   #1
50+bizman

Talking Hi all

I am a 50+ white South African male who is keen to develop a web based business to supplement (and hopefully) overtake my current income.

I am not intending to steal anyones ideas but am genuinely looking for assistance in setting up a business from South Africa. If there is anyone out there who can help me with suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I have a marketing /sales background and have several years police service (current employment).

Thanks for the opportunity to share with you all.

Hopefully I may be able to assist someone out there in what ever small way possible to improve thier business or lifestyle.

Thanks and hoping to receive a reply soon.+

50+bizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th May 2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Soapin'Angela

Hi There, and Welcome to the forum!

What type of business are you thinking of starting?

Old 12th May 2006, 12:16 PM   #3
forwardassoc

Hello and Welcome!

What are some of the ideas you have? What do you love to do? What are your hobbies/interests? What is something you are willing to do that most people wouldn't?

I would suggest you start a notebook of ideas. Right everything down. Some will be stupid, some silly, some inconceivable, and some will be great! But ... the notebook will start you mind thinking about businesses all the time, and the "cream" will eventually rise to the top, and you will be drawn to something that you can do! Start there, and work work work! Good Luck! I look forward to hearing your ideas and what you decide to do with them.

Trinette

forwardassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Robert
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardassoc
I would suggest you start a notebook of ideas. Right everything down. Some will be stupid, some silly, some inconceivable, and some will be great! But ... the notebook will start you mind thinking about businesses all the time...
That is a fantastic idea! In fact, I think that's a great idea for people already running a business.

Old 12th May 2006, 03:25 PM   #5
vangogh
VIP Contributor

Welcome to the forums 50+bizman. I'm sure you'll find plenty of good ideas here. I think Trinette's idea of making use of a notebook is a great one. I do it myself all the time and it can really help. Enjoy your stay.

Old 12th May 2006, 10:16 PM   #6
50+bizman

Default Thanks to you all

Hi to you all

Just a quick thank you for your greta site and to all those who replied to my post...thanks..I will definitely be keeping a note book of ideas and hopefully I wil come up with a great biz idea soon. i have a few in mind and will let you all know soon. Watch this space.

Thaks again for a greta site guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+bizman
I am a 50+ white South African male who is keen to develop a web based business to supplement (and hopefully) overtake my current income.

I am not intending to steal anyones ideas but am genuinely looking for assistance in setting up a business from South Africa. If there is anyone out there who can help me with suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I have a marketing /sales background and have several years police service (current employment).

Thanks for the opportunity to share with you all.

Hopefully I may be able to assist someone out there in what ever small way possible to improve thier business or lifestyle.

Thanks and hoping to receive a reply soon.+

50+bizman is offline   Reply With Quote