Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th March 2015, 03:57 AM   #1
davidpotter

Send a message via Yahoo to davidpotter
Default Problem About Social Bookmarking

Dear all member!
I searched through Google as well but I could not find the answer, so please help.
Question-1. How many social bookmarking sites are there on the WORLD WIDE WEB ?
Question - 2. How to find these social bookmarking sites ? Please don't tell me to go to vmoptions or web-directory.ws or socialmaximizer I have already finished these sites. Seriously I want to know that how can I find all the social bookmarking sites which are available on the WORLD WIDE WEB ?
Thank's a lot!

Old 20th March 2015, 09:59 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Why do you want to know so badly? What value do you believe you will gain from this knowledge?

(And why do you insist on "virtually" shouting the words WORLD WIDE WEB? In online communications, all-caps are generally interpreted as shouting.)

The vast majority of social bookmarking sites are basically useless, both in terms of adding "link juice" to your own pages or in sending you direct traffic. Knowing they exist will do you no good, unless you're just looking for the satisfaction of being aware of a whole ton of obscure websites.

If you did, in fact, search through Google, you must not have done a very thorough job. When I search for a list of social media sites, the very first listing is for Wikipedia, which has a fairly comprehensive list. That should be more than enough to get you started with whatever project you might be contemplating.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if anybody has a complete list. In the first place, such a list would be a lot of trouble to compile and maintain given that sites come and go all the time. Second, there's no actual benefit to be gained from going through all that effort. Third, had someone decided to go through the trouble, believing there to be some benefit, they would be unlikely to share the fruits of their labor with the world at large, for free. (Either because they want to retain for themselves the benefits, however fictional those benefits might be in real life; or because they know there are people out there who are crazy enough to believe in these fictional benefits and who will spend money to gain this useless information.)

--Torka

Old 20th March 2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Spider
VIP Contributor

Ok, Torka - Tell us what you REALLY think!

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 10:51 PM   #4
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpotter View Post
1. How many social bookmarking sites are there on the WORLD WIDE WEB ?
2. How to find these social bookmarking sites ? Please don't tell me to go to vmoptions or web-directory.ws or socialmaximizer I have already finished these sites.
It looks like you are trying to submit your link in tons of social bookmarking sites that mostly low quality sites. Well, that kind of tactic was overused these past few years and Google already knew this kind of manipulation strategy.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 01:46 AM   #5
cbdmoversperth

Why you want to submit your site on tons of bookmarking sites. Google strategy change from past years. You need to bo bookmarking on high quality backlinks sites.

cbdmoversperth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 06:01 AM   #6
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Dear all member!
I searched through Google as well but I could not find the answer, so please help.
Question - 2. How to find these social bookmarking sites ? Please don't tell me to go to vmoptions or web-directory.ws or socialmaximizer I have already finished these sites. Seriously I want to know that how can I find all the social bookmarking sites which are available on the WORLD WIDE WEB ?
Thank's a lot!
You can easily get tons of low quality social bookmarking sites on Google. Such sites normally have high page rank but low domain authority. I still don’t understand how such websites manage to get such high PR. Why do we use this technique? The answer is to get quality traffic, backlinks as well as global exposure. For instance, suppose someone bookmarks your content, then there is a possibility of your content being referred to their sites. So instead of investing our time in doing submissions on such cheap sites, you should follow @Torka advice to only consider good ones which are eyed by Google as trustworthy.

Last edited by RosieGlover; 27th March 2015 at 06:04 AM.
RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 09:00 AM   #7
MarkBrown

Hey, davidpotter, I'm sorry, but your first question is completely unanswerable - and even if it were, you'd have zero practical use for the answer.

As for the second question - while I won't share my ENTIRE list of social bookmarking sites, I'll share one quality site I've recently used for social bookmarking:

http://www.bizsugar.com/

In the spirit of sharing and helping each other out in threads like this...I encourage other thread participants to post some concrete website examples too.

MarkBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 02:24 AM   #8
erikathomson
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Dear all member!
Thank's a lot!
As all members said Social bookmarking to lower quality websites impact bad to your website because google penalize to lower and bad quality links.
So try to find not many, but some High PR bookmarking sites for example:

http://www.bibsonomy.org/
https://digg.com/
https://delicious.com/
http://inbound.org/
http://www.bizsugar.com/
http://www.scoop.it/
http://www.fark.com/

Old 28th March 2015, 04:45 AM   #9
williamjone

Quote:
Dear all member!
How to find these social bookmarking sites ? Please don't tell me to go to vmoptions or web-directory.ws or socialmaximizer I have already finished these sites. Seriously I want to know that how can I find all the social bookmarking sites which are available on the WORLD WIDE WEB ?
Instead of wasting in time for search all the bookmark why don't spend some time create a quality backlinks

williamjone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 06:01 AM   #10
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikathomson View Post
As all members said Social bookmarking to lower quality websites impact bad to your website because google penalize to lower and bad quality links.
So try to find not many, but some High PR bookmarking sites for example:
How many is too many? Does Google penalize for a certain quantity of quality bookmarks in a specific time period?

If I used the seven you shared (very kind of you) this month, continue with seven more each month, is this a NoNo? Should I increase the time period or limit the total quantity?

Dan

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote