Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th June 2007, 01:09 PM   #1
rukshankb

Send a message via Yahoo to rukshankb Send a message via Skype™ to rukshankb
Default Is This Good For A Blog?

Hi to all
I'm a Electronic and Electrical Engineering undergraduate.So my interesting in Electronics,Embedded Systems,Computer programming and Web Technology.
So all those categories are suitable in one blog?
I do a one blog to all of those section.can any one explain is it good or bad for me?
Regards

rukshankb is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:36 PM   #2
work2bfree

Default Blogging For Fun And For Profit

Below are a list of things one should start to do when engaging in blogs:
1. Get involved - go where your market is and investigate for any related niches for your products and/or services.

2. Try to fit in - Create a community around your products and/or services. Start interacting with your prospects and customers by creating conversations and networks that center around your products and/or services. Participation is mandatory. Go out and meet your community and find out what they want and deliver it.

3. Establish Friendships - Engage with your market through community. Create interactive contests, polls, surveys, and feedback loops, thereby allowing your community to choose, create and contribute to the improvement of your product and/or services. By allowing your community to actively participate by submitting home grown videos, photos, naming contests, etc. your are establishing trust within the community. Thus, you will find that this trust will lead to you being placed in a cooperative position where customer involvement becomes a vital contribution to your success. Thus, word-of-mouth marketing is raising your business profile in a positive way; such that, you start to acquire new business.

work2bfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 07:29 PM   #3
ojeezrep

Default A Blog Is A Massive Traffic Source

The blog is quite possibly one of the greatest marketing tools created for anyone trying to drive traffic to their online site.

The thing about blogs is that Search Engines (Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, etc.) eat them up. This is because you have the ability to write articles that have extremely high keyword densities and constantly update your information on a daily or weekly basis. Both of these things are of extreme importance for position inserch engines.

Not mention you have ablilty to draw subscribers to your blog that will actually market the blog for you bringing even more traffic. Can we say thanks for the free employees.

This is an example of a blog I use to drive traffic to one of my sites.

ojeeznetwork.blogspot.com/

I just send everyone who ask anything about my Company to my blog. I determine exactly what content I want and have the ability to change my content in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the ability to use RSS Feeds.

I could go on on, but I think I have covered the basis. If anyone wnats to chat so more on the subject feel free to contact me via the comments.

ojeezrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 10:45 PM   #4
solid28
VIP Contributor

Default Intresting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukshankb View Post
Hi to all
I'm a Electronic and Electrical Engineering undergraduate.So my interesting in Electronics,Embedded Systems,Computer programming and Web Technology.
I do a one blog to all of those section.can any one explain is it good or bad for me?
Regards
I would say it may or may not be good to do all of those things.

If you are making a blog about the trial and tribulations of being a EE...then hell yeah include all those blogs cuz you've got some hellish stories to tell (i have many EE friends). All of those related topics will fit in well.

If you have very specific interests in each of those categories (aka you are one of the few in that niche), then you could probably mix them together those topics. One example of a niche topic would be: using C++ to write circuit testing software. Or something like that...Or a blog about tweaking the electronics of the Iphone...then people would come for sure.

Just grab a niche or a few, and you will do fine.

Best of luck,
Evan

Old 16th August 2007, 01:18 AM   #5
WebDrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukshankb View Post
Hi to all
Regards
well don't know what other's are saying... i just want to say... adding up categories to your blog... which are most relevant for you and you know about them and know how to talk about them then definitely go about doing it... and don't worry whether it's right or wrong... if what you say has value search engine and other community people will automatically know about it and will appreciate it ... so keep going....

goog luck

WebDrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 09:57 AM   #6
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

I am still confused on the bloggin' it really does seem to be the thing - the search engines have picked it up, traffic is increasing with submitting to some of the social media links that were posted here..
I guess its just the new thing... am I the only one lost? Some of the competition that has blogs, does cover the topic, but the rants and personal stuff as well, but whatever works I suppose ! Im jumping on the blog bus!

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Volusion

Default It Depends

It depends on what you want to achieve with this blog. If you are just looking to blog because you want to, then blog about whatever you want.

If you are looking to generate a lot of traffic by having a strong page rank, then it helps you to focus on one or two related subjects. This will ensure that your blog has a strong keyword density. When search engines crawl your site to see what it is about, they will see a high number of very similar words throughout all of your pages. Your site will be very relevant for those keyword searches. When someone types in those keywords in their search bar, your blog will be more likely to pull up in search.

Volusion is offline   Reply With Quote