Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2012, 10:12 AM   #11
fairdoes
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by printnstyle View Post
Well, there's a difference between updating and spamming. By posting too frequently in your blog, you may lose a considerable number of audience. That has always been the rule in social media: update, do not spam. Also, it is easy for a search engine to know if your sole purpose in blogging is building backlinks. In that case, your links may get deindexed.
Good point. When you've been posting for years, it's highly likely that old posts need updating. I just found a few YouTube videos embedded that no longer work ...

fairdoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:49 AM   #12
jng

If you're really worried about posting too much at once, some blog and CMS software allows you to set the publish date in advance. That way you can create all your posts then set them to auto publish to a schedule in the future. Saves you time and looks natural to the search engines

jng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 08:15 AM   #13
susanmtu

Completely agree with @torka. Yes, after the penguin update Google getting too smart with all spammers. Google always says that “Content is King” If he found any spinning, Synonyms changes articles then now you need to pack your bag. Otherwise you don’t need to worry at all to updates your post too fast ….

susanmtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 04:13 AM   #14
MPablate

If you are putting quality and fresh content to your blog then you won't be penalized, it doesn't matter no. of posts per day.

MPablate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 01:18 PM   #15
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

If you are commenting good points and interesting articles then you will see results

I have posted constantly in certain places but long winded posts which were of actual use and over long periods of time and only gained success vs anything sinister

Simone

Old 23rd August 2012, 02:36 AM   #16
eastvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
A blog is just a website, like any other website. News organizations' websites get updated potentially hundreds of times a day with breaking news and follow up stories (and some of them actually use software like WordPress to run their sites) and none of them get penalized.

It all comes down to quality, not quantity.

If you're posting crap (scraped text, thin content, nonsensical "spun" articles), then you'll probably get dinged eventually even if you only post once a week.

If you're posting useful, informative, originally-written content, you can post every five minutes and it isn't going to hurt you.

--Torka
Need we say more? Torka said it all!

Old 23rd August 2012, 10:15 AM   #17
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Aww, shucks! I'm blushing over here.

Thanks, y'all!

--Torka

Old 23rd August 2012, 11:59 AM   #18
maxisxjay

Nope, I don't think so. I post a new content everyday and I'm doing fine. Some of it are original, and some are from Ezine with article source and credit to the author.

Old 24th August 2012, 02:56 AM   #19
eastvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxisxjay View Post
Nope, I don't think so. I post a new content everyday and I'm doing fine. Some of it are original, and some are from Ezine with article source and credit to the author.
For as long as the contents interest the people and not that spammy then i think flooding posts wont be such a big deal.

Old 4th September 2012, 04:27 AM   #20
mohamednegm

there is penalty let's say if you post every 2 seconds post even if it's relevant you will be flagged .. but if the time lag is ok let's sat 2 minutes and posts are relevant they wont flag you

mohamednegm is offline   Reply With Quote