Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th March 2009, 06:19 AM   #11
michael123

You can get some signature link high valuable forums

michael123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:52 AM   #12
Coach52

Default Easy Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
Hello,

I m an owner of a small business and like to make my presence felt in internet. Can somebody suggest how to go about?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've been trying to promote this fund raising system to raise additional income. I've found that posting free classified ads to different sites has been successful in getting people to look at you and your business.

Coach52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 05:10 AM   #13
urvi88

Directory submission, social bookmarking is the way to promote your business through internet.

urvi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 03:25 AM   #14
bsfweb

Marketing and advertising

Develop an effective marketing strategy for your new business. You can promote your business in various ways, including advertising on radio, television or print media, signage, business cards and direct mail. Take care that your advertising gives customers accurate and truthful information about your business.

Networking

A growing number of businesses form networks to tackle the difficulties of operating a small business. By developing networks it's possible to reduce costs through bulk purchasing, sharing staff and winning larger contracts than would've been impossible by working alone.

bsfweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 05:43 PM   #15
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

all of these are good suggestions esp the one pager for social networking site

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 11:27 AM   #16
theieu

you can join different forum sites that are related to your business, and create account on various social marketing and bookmarking and invites more friends there, i think that may help to promote your business in the net.

theieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 11:10 PM   #17
JCWHong

Hi Faulkner,

First of all, do you have a website? If not, then I highly suggest that you create a web presence OR have one created for you.

You also want to make sure that you website is not just a "static" site -- you want it to be a "direct response" website. You want people to DO something on your website -- sign up for you newsletter, commenting on your blog, watch a video, etc. If your site is just a boring, static site then people will not return.

Once your website is set up, you need to set up a lead capture form on your site so that you can collect the names and e-mail addresses of the visitors to your site. You can create a form with an autoresponder, such as AWeber, GetResponse, etc.

Once your lead capture form and autoresponder is ready to go, you can start driving traffic to your site. Here are some traffic generation ideas:

1. SEO
2. Pay-per click
3. Article marketing
4. Video marketing
5. Social media
6. Forum marketing

There's a lot more ways, but hope this helps you get started!

Justin

JCWHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 08:13 AM   #18
David Hawke

I am wondering what kind of a presence you are looking for on the net? Are you looking for a brand awareness or are you looking to make sales?

Before anyone can really help you with what to do we'll need to know what your intentions are? (that almost sounded like you are trying to date my daughter, what are your intentions young man?) Sorry about the rambling.

Back on target now.

Are you trying to make an impact locally or worldwide? Many questions, but here are a couple of things you might begin with.

Just the basics would be a website, this could just be a one page site that you direct people to through writing articles or blog comments.

Also make sure you do some keyword research before just throwing up a website, you want it to be found on the net. If it isn't it's pretty much useless.

You can hire people to everything for you. This may be a good option since you seem pretty new to the net.

You will still need to know what you want to to accomplish though.

Kind of sketchy I know, if you have some details I'd be glad to help you further. You can contact me through this forum or on my website.

David Hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 05:36 AM   #19
vickie21

what's your small business about?

vickie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 04:55 AM   #20
andrasan

Lightbulb

You Should promote Free Classifieds ads & Adwords

andrasan is offline   Reply With Quote