Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th June 2013, 12:38 PM   #1
takama

Default I Ask For Advice On How To Promote My Graphic Design Business

Hi there ! I've started a logo design company just 2 months ago. Everything seems to be up and running but unfortunately - I have no customers.

I've tried to help people on forum boards like warriorforum.com with link to my website along with some promotional text in my signature.

I've tried google adsense but had completely no results. I've tried also buysellads.com and bought 2 ad spaces on two separate websites. However, the click to impression ratio is horribly bad.

I've tried to run a blog linked to that website, it helped in 0.5% as I've started to appear on slightly bigger amount of keywords but without sales results.

I've tried squidoo to post some interesting things there, I've tried ezine articles, both with success in terms of publishing my article + link...but there's no visitors.

Someone adviced - use social media, so I've setted up facebook, twitter and linkedin accounts. I was posting some interesting things like links to posts, comments on hot subjects and even links to articles full of freebies but no one wants to follow or like my profile or any of my contents.

I thought of buying an email list but then read out that it's a wrong move. How can I collect opt-in emails if no one is coming to the website. The same for the social media. I ask how can I socialize with potential customers if I can't even find them on social media or they are not interested in my content.

All of those methods didn't bring me big traffic and daily my website is being visited by approx. 4-10 non-targeted users. I didn't have even one sale in that all time. I don't know what to do. It's extremely frustrating as others are succeeding but not me. What am I doing wrong ? What can I do more ?

takama is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th July 2013, 08:38 AM   #2
leaseq

I think you've done well in getting yourself involved in social media and email marketing but usually it takes time before clients come in. You still need to go out there and look for your potential client. I'll suggest you go local. There are plenty of potential clients in your community. You can even join networking organizations so you can let everyone know of your business. You have to actively search clients. For the website, run promo packages especially for logo creation. Find Design Gallery sites where you can submit your work which will not only showcase your talent as a designer but eventually if someone is interested to get you they know where to find you. Bid on projects online. There are plenty to do to make yourself visible.

leaseq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 09:41 AM   #3
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

You should try www.istockphoto.com It's market place where you can upload image and end user will buy.. I have recently buy 5 images it cost near 120 USD..