Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th July 2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Arrow What Makes A Successful Loyalty/Referral Strategy?

I've tried offering a loyalty card to my customers and clients, but noticed how some of my best customers went crazy for it and used it all the time. But then again, they were already crazy for my business, and I ended up just giving them free stuff for doing what they were already doing!

So here's what I came up with

OFFER - be certain your offer is enticing and strong enough - every sixth free sounds great - every tenth 10% off sounds a little sucky... Be generous once you get over the line...

SATSFACTION - Make sure you are getting your service right in the first place before you start going crazy for loyalty - if you're not performing the basics it's highly unlikely they'll be falling over themselves to be coming back for more of your shenanigans.

Trying to nail those floating customers who are sort of in and then you don't hear from them for months before they buy again is what it is all about.

What are your experiences? Add you suggestions and help us all out, cause it is so easy to get these kind of things wrong as we all saw with the Subway experience.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:44 PM   #2
carloborja

There was this article I recently read from Jason Fried, the owner of 37signals that he wanted to test out a 'relationship' strategy.

He wanted to get to know all of his customers. Though that might be really hard to do given that he runs a software company (and probably tricky to execute too), I think he is presenting a valuable point.

He actually compared it to a small grocery store. The owner knows (and makes friends with) the people who regularly come in. Once they get to establish the personal relationship, these customers will not buy from anyone else. They would even recommend this grocery store to their friends.

carloborja is offline   Reply With Quote