Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Viral Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd October 2004, 11:24 PM   #1
! !

Lightbulb Put YOUR Business Card on Your Web site

It worked for several clients...it may for you

Have a link on your Homepage for Business Card

...in any Website Editor - even powerpoint - create a card in the correct dimensions - usually around 3 by 2

Save it as a TABLE (with a border) using your Logo and Text / with Cascading Style Sheets to keep it in the appropriate dimensions.

or

Save the Entire product as a PNG image (best - but not 100% browser supported) or a JPG or GIF image.

Create several to a page, and invite your users to use thick paper ( if their printer supports it )
and cut along the borders and save your card in their wallets, and also save the page in their favorites

Don't forget to put your Web site Address in it.

Presto - you have an outlet to offer your calling card to countless visitors

! ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th April 2005, 07:26 PM   #2
plasma800

Send a message via Yahoo to plasma800

man thats a cool idea!

Would also be good on your about us page or your contact us page

plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2005, 09:48 PM   #3
BigP

Talking

Sounds like a creative idea. I wonder how effective it is, though. I'm not likely to go through all of that effort for anyone's card. I'm not sure I'm the only one.

BigP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2005, 07:37 AM   #4
WiteKnite

Default An electronic card?

Has anyone tried posting a vcard on their site? Outlook (and some other contact managers) use an electronic business card that many people send as e-mail attachements. When you receive such an e-mail in Outlook, you can automatically add it to your list of contacts.

If you put that on your About Us page, people would have a way of getting all your contact info quickly and easily. If there are multiple formats of these types of virtual business cards, it would be nice to make all (or at least most) of them available.

Otherwise, I have to agree with BigP... sounds like a lot of work to get your business card... it better sing and dance or something!

WiteKnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2005, 10:01 AM   #5
plasma800

Send a message via Yahoo to plasma800

I'm convinced that people would print them out... only the people who want to.. of course, but you know some people are going to says "o crap.. check that out" and just hit the print button.

And in know way could it hurt you for sure! lol.. i think its a cool idea dn im going to put my entire sales staff's cards on our about us page with a print me button.

plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 03:12 PM   #6
! !

Default Yahoo offers directory Web page Lisitings for SMBs - Free?

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/42251.html

Quote:
In a move to enhance its search and advertising businesses, Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) announced today it would offer free Web hosting to small businesses . The Internet company said any small business can sign up for a free Web page that will appear in Yahoo's Local directory.

! ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 05:09 PM   #7
Jessa

Great idea, I never thought of that and I am constantly trying to find something new to do with my cards for more exposure.

Thanks!!!
Jessa

Jessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2005, 03:22 PM   #8
Adenan

It is a good idea but it needs to be practical. Unless the visitors are serious in you or your business they would probably ignore it. Anyway, Internet is creating a paperless society so the use and printing of cards may very slowly fade out.

Adenan

Adenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2005, 09:36 AM   #9
gnarled branch

Default a springboard thought off this idea

The printing off of business cards by potential customers is an interesting idea...but I'm from the school of thought that most will be too 'lazy' to find the right stock of paper...and then cut them out...

I would add to this tha depending on what business you operate they could use that printed off homemade card as a 'coupon' show card and pay no tax..or 10% off etc... give them a motivation to use it/print it....

I think if you dangle the proverbial carrot in front of a potential customer they are more likely to put out the effort for this concept...

gnarled branch is offline   Reply With Quote