Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th October 2007, 11:08 AM   #1
coachgary

Send a message via Yahoo to coachgary
Default Social Bookmarking Sites

What the best one? I would like to know from the marketing angle, what is the best site to use, and why do you have feel that way. I am new to bookmarking sites and trying to figure out which one to get involved with. I only have time to mess with one site and would like the opinions of the members here before I sign up and take the time to learn and use the site.

Thanks,

CoachGary

coachgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th October 2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

I don't thinks there's a "best" of anything, but rather "what is best for you?" I like LinkedIn, but it takes some effort making it work. Most people would say they haven't gotten anything out of it, but will also admit not putting much time into it. I know of several people who have gotten concrete business out of LinkedIn, but they have put the required time and effort into it.

Amir W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 06:02 PM   #3
dndbrett

I usually find that Digg brings in some good traffic.

dndbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 08:47 PM   #4
openassistant

Send a message via MSN to openassistant Send a message via Yahoo to openassistant Send a message via Skype™ to openassistant
Default We are currently testing a few...

First I wanted to say that LinkedIn is a required site in my book. I also have heard much about facebook being the new "marketing tool" though I am still on the fence about them. I am also wondering if myspace is indeed also trying to rebrand itself in the same matter: less geared toward kids and more towards business....I'll keep you all posted if there is an interest.
We, at openassistant are looking into other social bookmarking sites.
The first one we look into is Sphinn.
I will keep this forum posted on how well they all perform.

openassistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 08:57 PM   #5
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

I agree. There no 'the best' social bookmarking site. The right term is what's 'best for you'.

Old 18th October 2007, 10:29 PM   #6
work2bfree

Default Your Favorite Social Bookmarking Sites?

I have recently started participating in some social bookmarking sites. So far, digg.com is my favorite because you can upload pictures, do shoutouts, and blogs, etc. I have been struggling with some of the other sites, like Yuwie.com and del.icio.us due to my lack of understanding in what they were about. I have since acquired a little more information about them and thus things are starting to come along. A couple of the other social bookmarking sites I like are Technorati and StumbleUpon.com. I intend to get involved in others but I just have not found the time to get them setup as of yet.

What are some of your favorites social bookmarking sites? I have already told you mine, Digg.com. What are yours? I'd love to find out from you what they are and why they are your favorite.

work2bfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 12:14 AM   #7
coachgary

Send a message via Yahoo to coachgary

Ok, If you want to play this game. What is the Best Social Networking Site that works for you? lol

coachgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 11:22 AM   #8
Debra

Search Engine Guide Blogger

CoachGary:

Del.icio.us is probably the most widely used social bookmarking site, it has features on it to help you identify and watch what other people with similiar interests are saving as well.

Mag.nolia is another one, not as big but has a loyal following of users and I love their logo!

Social Networking sites are places like Linkedin and Facebook, there are also smaller,more focused places like Fast Pitch.

Social News Aggregators are sites like Digg, Reddit, Stumbleupon and the new Small Business News. We say they're "social" because of their voting functions.

Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 03:46 PM   #9
toddo14

I'm with Debra, Del.icio.us is probably the most widely used one and is pretty easy to use.

StumbleUpon is also a great option and a lot more "fun" than del.icio.us, but depending on your business "fun" might not be what you want.

toddo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 05:58 PM   #10
jptrenn

Digg and Del.icio.us are probably the top two. I've recently found some sites that help you submit to multiple sits. I'll look them up and let you know about them.

jptrenn is offline   Reply With Quote