Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th May 2013, 02:13 AM   #11
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Did you finally get to kick off?
It's true you're more likely to succeed if you start something you love.However,you need to use your head too.
First.Look at the existing businesses in your area.See how you THEY could be your business and not just restrict your idea to what you can provide the customers with.The existing businesses could be your customers.Second,be uniquely local.Next,use what you already have/know-buy local items to resell in larger markets,buy global items to resell in local markets,create reference guides,fix things and resell,anything!

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:55 PM   #12
denise1000

Default Can Anybody Suggest Me A Good And Profitable Business To Run In A Small Town?

what is it that the little town lacks??????

denise1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 07:18 PM   #13
fdemming

Send a message via Skype™ to fdemming

I would suggest that you start an internet marketing business.

You can do anything from affiliate marketing to internet marketing consulting.

fdemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 04:03 AM   #14
Alina Malyuk

there greatest idea for small business is eco-rabbit breeding. this eco-business is becoming more and more popular and is perfect for small towns.

Alina Malyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 03:11 PM   #15
keymike

Default Hone your skills !

For any business startup , the ambition to move ahead and the risk involved with it , go hand in hand. You need to strike a balance ! Define your skills and you would be able to identify what direction to take !

keymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 12:20 AM   #16
DFWattorney

What business is already there but has more work than they can handle? You might be able to move into town and set up a competitor that can accept that overflow work. Easy way to get into the business as long as the existing business is willing to give you that overflow.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 10:13 AM   #17
Ashley.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_one View Post
Visit other small towns and see what your town might be missing. (where is the need) How about a carpet repair/ cleaning service.

Actually, I like the idea of front-door and back-door operation. Meaning, you should run the back-door on the Internet, or as a take-out delivery service. etc. (Just in case retail, front-door, goes slack.)

This is a very good idea, because generating floor traffic in a small town store could be next to impossible. Smart thinking, give yourself a website or something similar to compensate.

Ashley.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 02:02 PM   #18
puppymom26

Default Break into the pet-industry?

Hello,

Have you considered breaking into the pet industry? I personally don't have experience in this industry..

I have noticed these pet bakeries popping up in many cities and they seem to be quite profitable. People will spend anything on pets (including me lol).

It could also potentially be run out of your home - depending on FDA etc..

Just an idea I thought I would pass on,

- A

puppymom26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 01:14 PM   #19
jamesbush

Default You can start a web designing company at very minimal cost

Today web solution industry is the best industry for income. you can open a web designing company. In opening this company you just need one web developer, one web designer and one SEO executive. You can hire these three person on free lance basis. Just create your own website and promote it online. you will get the leads and then you can start business from that leads. These three persons will work on those leads and you can earn as per your expectation very easily and at very low cost.
By the above idea you can become the owner of an IT company.
Thanks
All the best !!

jamesbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 03:52 AM   #20
Qmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgbiz View Post
Personal Assistant/Companion.

I met someone who was doing this exact thing. Essentially she was a gopher. Go do this. Go do that. Drop me off here. Pick me up there. Take me to the grocery store, take me to the doctor, blah, blah, blah.

Keep us posted!
You could be the go-to Uber driver for your town! At least until you figure out what you want to do. I read somewhere that one Uber driver was making 150k+ by selling jewelry he made to his passengers. Maybe you could offer to advertise or pass out flyers of local businesses to your passangers.