Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th May 2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Markhafner624

Default Need Help On A Business Name

Hi! I am going to make this short and sweet. I am starting a small HVAC company (heating ventilation and air conditioning). I am getting stuck on a name. Do any of you like any of the following?:

(1) HAFNER Heating and Cooling Solutions
(2.) FIRST CHOICE Heating and Cooling Solutions
(3) THE FURNACE GUYS Heating and Cooling Solutions

Hafner is my last name, which I am unsure of using as my business name

The Furnace Guys is catchy and modern, however there are multiple other companies using that name in other states.

Please Help!!!

Markhafner624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th May 2013, 07:33 AM   #2
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhafner624 View Post

(2.) FIRST CHOICE Heating and Cooling Solutions
(3) THE FURNACE GUYS Heating and Cooling Solutions
I don't know much about your customers and/or what they would expect from your company. The first 2 are more professional. When I read them, I feel like this is definitely a company run by professionals etc.

The 3rd is more colloquial. Laid back.

Neither approach is bad, I just wonder, what type of impression would most likely get potential customers to choose you over your competition?

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 06:24 AM   #3
mktgbiz

Your family knows you as Hafner, so do your friends......it'd sure be easy to remember, since they'll be using your name anyhow when they refer to you and your company......

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 09:16 AM   #4
leeatmelisa

I would choose the first name:

Third one is too long, and the second (First Choice) is overused.

leeatmelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 07:50 AM   #5
Jen 100

I think I would agree with the others that, of these options, I like #1 the best. I agree with Pat's comments about the 3rd option. I think it sounds more like a small business with just a couple of employees, which it might be right now, but hopefully you'll grow and the name won't fit as well in a few years. The first 2 options are more professional, in my opinion.

Old 7th July 2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Black_Sheep

I'm no expert in your industry, but it seems that people respond well to this type of business when it does have the last name of the proprietor. It adds subconscious trustworthiness and could help you a lot. The one issue with using your last name would occur if you planned on selling the business in the future. So it really depends on your long term goals. If you plan on doing this for 5-10 years building a name getting some cash and then selling the business, using your last name would make it less attractive for buyers. If it is something you will pass on to your children then it is perfect.

I do agree with others that "First Choice" is too generic and overused across multiple industries.

"The Furnace Guys" could work too if you plan on creating a company value system that treats customers a little more casually (which there is nothing wrong with). If you plan on being rigidly profession (nothing wrong there either) then you should probably steer clear of name like that.

Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 12:00 PM   #7
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
"The Furnace Guys" could work too if you plan on creating a company value system that treats customers a little more casually (which there is nothing wrong with). If you plan on being rigidly profession (nothing wrong there either) then you should probably steer clear of name like that.
Agree with this. I like the Furnace Guys as it's definitely casual. I think what would really help is to know more about what type of business this will be. What's the impression you want to leave with people?

LGCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Business Online

Default Hafners Heating & Cooling Service

I would suggest using your name the word 'service' as opposed to solutions.

The reason is if you go to Google and type in Heating & Cooling Solutions - you get some advertising and organic listings.

If you type in Heating & Cooling SERVICE - the local business listings map comes up and that is where you can make your mark on the first page of Google without having to pay for it.

Hope this helped
Cynthia

Business Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 08:37 PM   #9
platnumcn

If I have to choose one of the names that you have given, I would pick HAFNER Heating and Cooling Solutions. I prefer having business on family names. However, if I have to tweak the name a bit, I would prefer Cynthia's idea, as it is more sensible towards the SEO aspect.

platnumcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 07:59 AM   #10
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

THE FURNACE GUYS Heating and Cooling Solutions
U can try this one..!
[UR city] Heating and Cooling Solutions What happened when any one search on google or yahoo your solution comes 1st..and you will get business