Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th September 2012, 08:49 AM   #1
vizzmedia

Default How To Increase Twitter Followers ?

Hey,
Is there any method to increase followers on twitter ?
Kindly help me urgently

vizzmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th September 2012, 01:43 AM   #2
Matt121

Use trending hashtags when tweeting. Retweet and engage with as many Twitter users as possible.

Old 26th September 2012, 01:52 AM   #3
igor001

Hellow Dear,

you can read some of the basic thing for your twitter marketing listed as below.

1 )Keep in touch with blogger / media.
2) Monitor your company / brand on Twitter.
3) Announce specials, deals or sales
4) Live updates on events or conferences.
5) Promote blog articles, webinars, interesting news and more
6) Try to tweet something new not as usual what people tweets.

Thanks & Regards
eSparkInfo | Custom eCommerce Web Design

igor001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 06:30 AM   #4
vizzmedia

I am doing that but there are not enough increment of followers. Is there any tool for increasing followers. Is it possible to generate leads from twitter.

Kindly help me urgently

vizzmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 11:23 AM   #5
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

vizzmedia, I have had success using a tool called "refollow" (refollow.com). You could do this manually without a tool, but here is the concept:

- identify twitter users that are in your niche or topic
- narrow down the list to active users (those who have tweeted in the past 3 to 5 days)
- sort the list by the number of followers (more popular people first)
- follow up to about 250-500 people a day (Twitter has a limit of 1000, you don't want to go anywhere near that or it will put up a red flag)
- after a few days, if they have not followed you back, then unfollow them.

If you make it a habit of doing this every day, once a day (following at least 200-250 new people a day), then you will grow your followers fairly quickly.

Make sure your account is active, as well.

It's helpful to find a few select people in your niche that have a lot of followers and follow everyone who is following them--they will follow you back (then unfollow the people who aren't following you after a few days).

Building up a following on Twitter isn't hard, it just takes time.

Old 27th September 2012, 02:18 PM   #6
AlbertMora

The are many methods to increase Twitter followers, but more important than that is getting quality followers. Otherwise you will waste your time.

AlbertMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 05:14 PM   #7
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt121 View Post
Use trending hashtags when tweeting. Retweet and engage with as many Twitter users as possible.

Agree with this method. Contributing a stuff to a trending information would catch the attention of those other people that have the hash tag of those trending stuffs. Retweeting also gives you a personal communication with other people, retweeting them with your message is much better.

Old 27th September 2012, 06:16 PM   #8
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

Quote:
more important than that is getting quality followers.
I totally agree. You're going to get quality followers if you find people to follow that are in your niche--and if they're active.

Old 28th September 2012, 02:15 AM   #9
mrinalb

Exclamation How To Increase Twitter Followers ?

Hi,
Nice thread, read all the posts here.

There are many sites available who claim to get the twitter follower for free, are they authentic. I joined a couple of and came to know "I'm following much more than I got followers" .. later I revoked the authorization.

I find the simplest process. twitting the contents informative, use '#' before the top keyword. Connect to top celebrity / company / agencies or who have huge following accounts. Re-tweeting the best tweets. Doesn't work every time. I hate following other to make them follower.

what do to ??

mrinalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 02:41 AM   #10
romnickhudges

There are so many methods on how to increase twitter followers but of course it usually depends on how you spend time on gaining followers. As much as possible be active at twitter and follow those people you are interested making sure they have similar niche as with your website. Target to follow those whom who might think will be your target market. Again, this is not an over night success so be patient with it.