Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th September 2013, 06:07 AM   #31
michaeltsikov

If you really a blogger then you WORDPRESS is the most used why? because of the professional look and function and there are also many available themes. but if you're into linkbuilding then i would suggest blogger

michaeltsikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th October 2013, 09:21 PM   #32
puffingLife

All two are good, it actually depends on your preferences anyway. Well blogger is much easier to use, but wordpress is kind of the people's choice in terms of reading I guess.

puffingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 08:19 AM   #33
ankitkumarseo

In my Opinion WordPress is better than blogger. Also one more site Tumblr is there which is also more effective than blogger.

ankitkumarseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 11:24 AM   #34
jayvi

The idea of a blog is to be heard, to reach an audience, you know this much. For the purpose, you need to most well structured platform - that would be Wordpress Blogger is better suitable if you want to keep it personal.

jayvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 02:33 PM   #35
castiron

WordPress hosted on a web hosting plan (self hosted) is the best blogging option. It opens you up to 1,000's of plugin/add-ons and free themes.

castiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 11:45 AM   #36
BrandVox

I use Squarespace. It's a lot more user friendly than Wordpress.

BrandVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 03:10 PM   #37
danstelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle1 View Post
What is the best blog site WordPress or blogger?
Avoid both at all costs, whether blogging for personal or business reasons, but especially so for business reasons.

If your company uses an off-site blog, it looks unprofessional and confuses your audience. They'll forget to go back to your website.

Plus, for SEO reasons, it's better to have the content going under your domain name on your own website. Google loves to see fresh, relevant content on your website. And if you're producing it somewhere else, Google doesn't give you credit for that.

Finally, if you start linking to your site from that offsite blog, there's only so much of that you can do. SEO pros will tell you want no more than 25% of your links coming from a single domain.

Buying a domain name is cheap, $7-$10 or so, and there's about a million free WP themes. If you're serious about blogging a nice design can be done yourself for $500 or so, and about $2 - $3 thousand if you hire a designer (best way).

danstelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 12:57 AM   #38
AvniShergill

Wordpress is better than Blog.

AvniShergill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 12:16 AM   #39
DFWattorney

I use both; blogger for a hobby blog and wordpress for my business site. I love the flexibility and customization of wordpress but blogger is really easy to use for an actual blog. I don't need plug ins or anything crazy for my hobby blog. It easily integrates with google, which is about all I need it to do. Now that I am comfortable with WP I would do both in WP if I had it to do over again but I'm too lazy to move the hobby site over to WP.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 09:01 AM   #40
CooperJay

I'd say that you get what you pay for. I've been using http://website.1and1.com/free-website-builder for a while now and have never had any problems with it, whereas I used to have a personal blog with wordpress a few years ago and seemed to have one problem after another.
Have a look around at blogs you like the look of and that seem to work well and bear in mind that what works well for one person/company may not be the right one for you, have a look at some of the trial offers around.

CooperJay is offline   Reply With Quote