Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd March 2007, 02:45 AM   #1
eGrizzly

Default Yahoo Biz - Where To Get Products?

Hello all. Anybody have an idea of where to get products for the Yahoo Store? Apparently the Yahoo Small Business website purely serves as a "landlord" giving you all the tools you need but not the products. What are good drop shippers that can be integrated into the Yahoo Store. For those of you that have been successful at it. How exactly did you do it?

Newbie to internet marketing. Tried to inquire about this but the Yahoo support pretty much said they do not provide the products.

Cool

eGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd March 2007, 09:07 AM   #2
laurie1009

Default Where to get products for Yahoo Store

Hi,

Try this link: www.worldwidebrands.com

I haven't used it myself, but it seems to be a popular one.

Good luck!

laurie1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 11:50 AM   #3
Karl J. Cutler

Send a message via Skype™ to Karl J. Cutler
Default Drop Shippers

Hi,

Check out the following: 123dropship.com

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Karl

Karl J. Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 05:09 PM   #4
Corey Bryant
VIP Contributor

Top Ten Wholesale Drop Shipping Tips For Your Success might help some.

Old 22nd April 2007, 05:56 PM   #5
pete
VIP Contributor

Be cautious of Worldwide Brands. They are becoming a victim of their own success. It is a legitimate resource for locating dropshippers, but there have been so many subscribers, the same goods are all over the net.

Frankly, most of the other lists are not worth much at all. There is one site that is basically a huge collection of lists, many of them worthwhile. But you must constantly keep in mind that the more people accessing any of these lists, or WorldWide Brands, the more straws there are in the same glass.

As I said, there is one site where the owner makes an honest attempt to keep the information accurate and is always adding new sources. But, it is basically a big collection of lists, and he can't police them all. So, like any listing, you have to keep in mind - buyer beware.

It is a membership site, with a one-time cost of $ 6.00. Frankly, you will spend more time and get fewer results trying to get anywhere near the information he has concentrated in this one spot. I highly recommend it - Collection of Wholesale / Dropship Lists

pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:04 PM   #6
ideas2earn

Can't you just use sites like alibaba and email the suppliers directly? If you use a dropshipper you are always going to be paying the middle man whereas many Chinese and Indian manufacturers are happy to send goods directly to your customers.

ideas2earn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 10:02 PM   #7
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideas2earn View Post
Can't you just use sites like alibaba and email the suppliers directly? If you use a dropshipper you are always going to be paying the middle man whereas many Chinese and Indian manufacturers are happy to send goods directly to your customers.
I advise people to be extremely careful of this. I am the so called "middle man" in that I buy goods directly from Chinese manufacturers on behalf of clients.

There have been many times that I place orders directly with factories only to find out the order they send to me is completely wrong, in which case I have to work with the factory to get it right, and not my client. Trying to do this yourself after the products have been shipped to YOU or even worse, your customer over seas, coupled with the fact that these factories do not have staff that can adequately speak English, I guarantee you, you will be sorry.

Also, given the language barrier you would not be able to negotiate a better price (which Chinese factories never give you the best price upfront)

I'm not trying to promote my business here, only provide valuable info to those who are seeking to buy from factories directly. Companies like mine usually only charge you about 3% on all orders, and many times since we negotiate pricing with factories, this is still cheaper and far less headaches if you try to do this yourself.

For one, sourcing companies like mine, which are based in China, ensure your order is correct BEFORE it leaves the country.

Two, sourcing companies have Chinese staff which can accurately communicate directly with the factories if there are problems.

Three, as I said, sourcing companies can almost always negotiate better prices, since the factories know that we may also bring them other clients in the future.

The point is, don't be so quick to disregard product sourcing companies, because there are many valid reasons why this service is beneficial.

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote