Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st September 2006, 09:45 AM   #1
danyboy

Default Any Ideas Will Help for Fashion Jewellery Business

Hi Everyone,

I do have an online Fashion Jewellery Business and just wondering how do i get people to view my site and show their interest.

Secondly, if i want people to buy my products they need to view the site how do i get people to know that there is site in place for them to look at.

I'm wondering will flyers or brouchers work i.e if i place the broucher in a coffee shop or a pub will it work.

Will business networking work for this kind of a business, which means try to ask any other business dealing with fashion to partner with me and if they get me a contact they will get some share in my profits. just get my site on their website if they have one or get my brouchers in their shops. Will this strategy work.

Any comments will help....

Many Thanks

Daniel

danyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd September 2006, 01:12 PM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

You could look into Pay Per Click advertising (Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, etc.) This would potentially be a good way of getting some search engine visibility that could bring in customers.

Business networking could work -- but instead of just trying to get people to sell your products or send you leads, why not see if you can network/partner with somebody who's got experience with marketing and sales online?

What you're describing doing with other businesses in terms of networking is essentially an affiliate program, which you can run online (other web site owners post links to your store -- if a sale is made to someone they sent to you through one of their links, they get a commission). I think that model would work better online, where you could draw from a much larger population of potential affiliates than local businesses putting brochures in their stores. So you might want to do some research into affiliate programs.

You may also want to download and read our own Jennifer Laycock's Zero Dollars, a Little Talent and 30 Days free ebook. She used a lot of free and low cost marketing ideas while getting her site off the ground that you might draw inspiration from.

And, of course, I'd be very remiss if I didn't mention Jennifer's Small Business Guide to Search Engine Marketing ebook in case you want to get more detailed and specific. It's not expensive (and worth much more than she charges for it, IMO), and it will give you a lot more advice and guidance than what we can do in a forum post here.

HTH!

--Torka

Old 2nd November 2006, 01:31 PM   #3
foxdmatt

There are tons of ways to drive traffic to your site. Pay per click, SEO work, contributing to forums like this, article writing, networking, organizations in your field, media releases, even post boards at grocery stores and Starbucks coffee shops! All of them work, some are free and some take some investment. Try them all and see what fits for your business.

foxdmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 09:30 AM   #4
esearing
VIP Contributor

Here are a few of my hairbrained ideas for Offline marketing

Participate in craft shows.
Get published in your local newspaper or a local magazine.

Host a Jewelry party in your neighborhood and have cards/flyers for your guest to give to friends (attach a reward for doing so).
Host a party at a consignment/specialty clothing store or similar small biz that could benefit both businesses.

Send out your business news in your christmas cards this year, invite them to visit your site.

Leave business cards where ever you go. Restaurants, coffeeshops, etc....

Buy inexpensive ads from your local school PTA, local penny pincher ads, neighborhood newsletter(s).

Good luck.

esearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 07:48 AM   #5
Hinters

I would support Eric's comments, my personal thoughts when buying jewellery is that I would need to see the item and satisfy myself of the quality, I think you need to physically get out there and then use your site primarily for follow up sales.

Reception areas in large companies are also a fertile ground for getting sales

Hope this helps

Hinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 12:16 PM   #6
JWDesignCenter

Send a message via MSN to JWDesignCenter

It's early so if I'm just being blind, please let me know... but can we look at the site?

Old 19th April 2007, 02:35 AM   #7
Vipdev

Thumbs up

Here's a some of the 10 crazy but proven tips/tricks for you to get some free visitors and get your business rolling for good

[1] Write an article related to your site and submit it to article sites.

[2] Add a link to your site in the signature of any forums you post on.

[3] Offer something for free. Free is good. People tell their friends about free stuff.

[4] Get a custom t-shirt made with your website url and BRAND LOGO on it, and wear it often. And Ask a large breasted lady to wear one too.

[5] Find quality and relevant blogs and leave a comment (with a link back to your site of course).

[6] Publisise your site on related forums - but donít spam!

[7] Gain exposure by submitting photos and pictures to Flikr. (Related pictures to your trade ofcourse)

[8] Make a list of ďTop 10″ reasons to visit your site and Update it regularly to give your visitors a reason to return.

[9] HAve a blog for your site, as Blog's are one of the most effective ways to promote your business

[10] Try social book marking sites

Good Luck

Vipdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2007, 06:42 PM   #8
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

Hello! There are a lot of ways to drive traffic to your site. Things they mentioned and suggested above are good ones.

Best of luck!