Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th May 2007, 11:50 AM   #41
FranknDiane

Smile

Taaz, it really doesn't seem as difficult as first thought. I did manage to get few few experimental pages previewed. I am definitely going to learn the fine art of HTML. It gives you much more control.I also know it is really time consuming! And ya sure need plenty of patience. Again Thanks..

Also,since I'm beginning to understand HTML a bit better. I checked mine out for YourPhotos4Ever.com. What I found was what seems like a mess! I took out all those extra keywords!( What was I thinking!)

I again can't thank you enough for all the help you've been. You've opened a whole new Ave. to me.

FranknDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th May 2007, 12:39 PM   #42
TAAZ
Banned

Heh heh Diane - you're only a couple of years "older" than me...

I'm glad to see you're getting more comfy with HTML and the Editor and can finally see that it's not that hard, once you see how things "flow" -- as for the Business Cards, just follow the instructions on my site and we'll take it from there.

Now -- *drumroll* -- your site's new "landing page" is ready for your review; however, please read the following instructions very carefully and adhere to them strictly; otherwise you might mess things up!

1. When you click the link below, everything is currently on my server.

2. Once the page loads, go to the top of your browser; select "View"; then select "Page Source" -- here is where you'll see all of the code that runs your landing page.

3. Just before the "<body>" tag, you'll see a long string of code that's unfamiliar to you -- this is the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) code that drives your site ... DO NOT MESS WITH THIS CODE ... CSS is a shorter language for sites, but I left it there just in case you don't have your own server, and SiteBuilder might mess it up.

4. The PayPal icon in the right column doesn't take you to the PayPal site for customers to pay -- you'll have to place their exact code, or it won't work -- if you don't think you can do that properly, just PM me with all of the code and I'll do it for you.

5. Lastly; if you're happy with the site, DELETE EVERY BIT OF SITEBUILDER CODE ... then, copy/paste every part of my code; save it; and upload everything.

Let me know how you do, and good luck!

Here's the new landing page -- http://www.govtrav.net/photos.html

TAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 01:28 PM   #43
FranknDiane

Holy Smoke!!! Taaz I can't believe you've done all this...It is really nice!!! It's great actually. I'm still breathless...The page really looks terrific!Thank you!

Few questions One most important. Can I still go through site builder to add the text or When I need to edit pages, or I want to add or change my samples ? I don't know enough about doing it on my own yet to depend on my own resources. I still need site builder. And of course I would have to go through all the pages and change the formatting on them...I'm sure I would need sitebuilder for that.

Old 27th May 2007, 01:36 PM   #44
TAAZ
Banned

Glad you like it -- NO! ... don't go thru SiteBuilder to do any editing; copy/paste the entire code into your HTML Editor and do everything in there; save your file; then upload to SiteBuilder.

Old 27th May 2007, 01:50 PM   #45
FranknDiane

okee dokey...here goes, Take a bit of time as I have to change the 'Blah Blahs"LOL

Old 27th May 2007, 03:05 PM   #46
TAAZ
Banned

You no longer need Yahoo SiteBuilder; after seeing you own your domain, I'm going to take you another step forward.

What you need now, is what's commonly called an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client -- it's what I've been using for several years and find it's one of the easiest to set-up and use ... not only that, but you can download their Free edition from here

Just follow their easy instructions to set it up and we'll go from there.

Old 27th May 2007, 03:30 PM   #47
FranknDiane

Taaz, I've run into a snag. I'm working on the sidebar text, and when I click review in the HTML editor, it brings me to paypal. What am I doing wrong???

Old 27th May 2007, 05:24 PM   #48
TAAZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranknDiane View Post
Taaz, I've run into a snag. I'm working on the sidebar text, and when I click review in the HTML editor, it brings me to paypal. What am I doing wrong???
Without seeing your code, I honestly can't answer you -- like I said; PayPal is tricky at best.

Old 27th May 2007, 08:01 PM   #49
FranknDiane

Sorry Taaz, been having a rough day here today..A little hard to stay focused. I'm going to stop for a while tonight and get back to it in the morning. I have a slide show to work on for a while now. I'll finish the HTML in the morning.Again thanks for your help today!

Old 28th May 2007, 10:57 AM   #50
FranknDiane

Good Morning..Well just a progress update.I almost have ready for debut! I'm just trying to get some decent copy in there. finding a few more things to say on the page. Thanks again. Enjoy your Memorial Day!