Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st February 2007, 06:33 PM   #1
amachs03

Default Newbie Needing Advice Please

This is my first post!Here it goes...

I said in my intro that my mother and I run a candle company in New Orleans. We do a lot of wholesale contracts with other companies and also do a little of our own retail out of our warehouse.We also have a website, but no too much action there....However, the overhead (mostly from Rent) is asolutely KILLING us right now. So my mother signed up for the PPC on google. Keep in mind she designed our website. The problem is, she knows very (very very) little about computers. The website looks great and it gets a little traffic, I just dont know if it is set up to recieve the amount of traffic that we expect later on or even now. I have looked on other discussions about PPC, formats, etc. and am wondering what to go back and look at and make sure certain key things are addressed properly to help attract quality traffic and adding hits( hopefully orders).Or is there even a way for me to do that???? or is that even important???

Another thing....I wanted to see if people would spend a few minutes and look at my website and see what Im doing wrong, suggestions, or any comments.

Thanks you guys!

amachs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st February 2007, 07:18 PM   #2
jaairey
VIP Contributor

Hi,

With regards to your website. On your home page you need to mix why you are special, with products. To look at products I have to go to another page. Why not put your most popular, featured, discounted or whatever or your home page. Some people are interested in your business, others just want some great candles, aroma beads etc. Perhaps a three column layout. Put your key USP's in the center, followed by products. Put most of the biz info on the right side, so those interested can read it, but those who want products can see a range of what you have to offer above the fold. Your banner graphics are fuzzy, sugggest you redo. Are you optimized for your keywords?

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 07:27 PM   #3
amachs03

Thanks for the advice!I agree with what you are saying. On my website design page it doesnt offer me many template choices. The one I have is actually the best.....

what is a usp(im sorry if thats a stupid question...)

Are you optimized for your keywords? huh???

amachs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 01:22 PM   #4
lolley

just reading thru and noticed your request for "usp" definition. It is "unique selling point". That reminds me: I must do something about mine!

lolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 04:55 PM   #5
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie
Smile

I suggest to put more pictures of your products. Try to summarize the Introduction. Make it short but precise. Also try to make the titles catchy.

I only know little about Internet marketing but I suggest you to try submitting your site's link to different directories. Also I noticed your articles are okay, you can submit them also in article submission directories.

Anyways good luck on your business. Just keep up the good work. You can do it!

Old 12th February 2007, 06:45 PM   #6
copywriter39

Your site should focus on the candles, not the family business. Get people to understand why they're different from a candle you can buy in any store. How they'll improve a room through the scents. Investing in Google is expensive so you want to make sure your getting the most for your money. I don't think you have to worry about the amount of traffic you receive. Only that the traffic you do get is really interested in your product.

copywriter39 is offline   Reply With Quote