Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th May 2014, 08:08 AM   #1
jyotimiss123

Default Which One Is The Best Language For Website Design ?

Hi friends,

I want to know that Which one is the best language for website design ?

jyotimiss123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th May 2014, 06:36 AM   #2
fastrecruitment

If you want to design a website you can make it in weebly.com. It is coding free site making tool. If you want to design the website with coding then CMS is best to make website. HTML, CSS, Php language is easy and best to learn. you can learn it from w3schools.com.

fastrecruitment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 12:47 AM   #3
Greg-Netost

There is no perfect language or best language as such. Each has its own specialities.You can build your site with HTML/CSS/Javascript /PHP. Choose the one your comfortable with.

Greg-Netost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 08:58 AM   #4
shaneshuford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Netost View Post
There is no perfect language or best language as such. Each has its own specialities.You can build your site with HTML/CSS/Javascript /PHP. Choose the one your comfortable with.
asp, ruby, perl, python, this list can go on for ever. less than what your comfortable with, and more so what would best fit the website/project in question.

shaneshuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 09:08 AM   #5
Stantall

Default No code may be the best code...

If you are a new business owner, my guess is that you have plenty to do without learning code to build your website. I'd suggest, as another post suggested, using Weebly, or another website builder that uses customizable templates such as Word Press, or Website Builder from GoDaddy.

That will allow you to spend your time on your content and marketing strategy rather than learning code.

Stantall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 06:40 AM   #6
mindstreak
VIP Contributor

I mostly prefer wordpress.Sometime i go in for php since both of them are open source and easy to work.I am good with these too, other people would have different suggestions as they would have worked with different technologies.

Old 29th July 2014, 08:13 AM   #7
sb1 design

Send a message via Skype™ to sb1 design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantall View Post
If you are a new business owner, my guess is that you have plenty to do without learning code to build your website. I'd suggest, as another post suggested, using Weebly, or another website builder that uses customizable templates such as Word Press, or Website Builder from GoDaddy.

That will allow you to spend your time on your content and marketing strategy rather than learning code.
I would agree with this. These days the need to learn code in order to build a personal or business website for yourself, is a drain on your time, (that would very often be better spent elsewhere.)

Wordpress would be my recomendation. You can have a website up and running in a very short space of time, and you have access to thousands of styles for your site through Wordpress Themes.

If you wanted to go on to learn code, HTML and CSS are the beginner steps and can be learned as you experiment with your Wordpress website. PHP could come later. However, as I say, getting a site running with Wordpress requires no code knowledge at all.

sb1 design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 10:47 AM   #8
bjay99

I agree with everyone here... it depends on the purpose of your website. Is it a webapp, a marketing site, or a blog... from there, you can start to narrow things down.

bjay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 07:40 AM   #9
kaufenpreis
Banned

I cannot give you a clear and precise answer, but I will give you a few things to consider... you are going to have to use Google or Bing to really investigate your options.

Looking at your question, I suspect that you do not have much programming experience. Because of this, I would say you definitely need to get some type of content management system (CMS) with a web paged editor or some type to minimize the amount of programming you have to do. You may still have to do some programming, but it won't be as much. Some CMS's have decent WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors that allow realatively inexperience people to put together a website... some don't.. which will require your to find some extra third party software.

Look at what your web hosting service supports. Some web hosts will only support certain things. See if they have restrictions or one readily available. More expensive webhosts services may be more flexible... but cheaper ones may limit your options.

There are many open source CMSs out there.You will want to stick to popular ones (eg: Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, etc) because you will be able to get more help and find more answers online. Popular ones are also more likely to have add-ons written and shared by others... which will save you work. You are going to use google or bing to investigate and see what fits your needs best because some of them are great for specific purposes and not as good (or just plain awful) for other things. For example, WordPress is great for blogs and it is widely used... but it is not as good for some other types of sites.

If you want something that will let you sell things, you need to see if the CMS has a shopping cart feature/module available and determine what payment services you want to accept (eg: paypal) and determine if the CMS has modules readily available to use those services. You do not want to have to handle credit card data yourself... credit card companies will give you a long list of requirements before they let you do this... so it is best to see if your web hosting service provides such a service or find a third party service that can handle this type of thing by embedding an interface via your CMS. Be aware that many of these third party services will have a fee involved for the payment processing.

As far as what languages are used, here are things you need to know. Websites are made with a combination of client-side code (which is sent to the user's web browser) and server-side code (which is used to generate data that is sent to the user. For server side code, I would recommend PHP. Client side code will ALWAYS involve HTML. Any site that is worth anything will also probably use javascript (not to be confused with Java) and CSS. A good WYSIWYG web editor will allow a beginner to minimze their use of these languages.. but you may still need them.

kaufenpreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 02:28 AM   #10
RDWM

HTML5, CSS, JS... If you are asking this I would suggest you just find a good word press theme you like and use it.