I already have two companies doing well and as a result I'm expanding in Europe and Australia. I'm looking for one system for each of my businesses. I am 'on the road' a lot and I want to be able to access the systems remotely whilst I'm traveling and at home.
I'm at the point where I need to 'standardize' on a system for each of my individual businesses (separate accounts). I'm currently running Quickbooks, PeachTree and Sage with a mess of spreadsheets and contact management systems.
I've looked at:
* NetSuite - they annoyed me (arrogant and aggressive)
* Microsoft - 3 million businesses use our software...so what!
* Sage - still in the dark ages
* Intuit - Quickbooks, Quickbooks, Quickbooks
* SAP - Kings Ransome
* Epicor - dark ages
* Interprise - clowns
* Everest - Degree in quantum physics required to work the UI
* TioLive - confusing
* Others - hacked together solutions
* Open source - this isnt for me - I like to see the owners faces
They are all:
1. Expensive with long term agreements
2. Over burdened with features
3. Seem to have very steep (and expensive)learning curves
I am really clear about my needs. I've looked the 'comparison sites' but nothing really 'fitted' what I need.
My problem is:
* Budget (I want to spend roughly $25 - $30 USD/month per user) and I dont want a long term lock in with a big upfront cost.
* Time - I need a system in one of my businesses immediately
* Effort - I don't want to employ or manage expensive consultants
* Remote working - Many of my employees work off site but need access to information so I am looking for a 'cloud' solution.
* Really easy to learn and use
* I can deploy it myself quickly
* Low cost - like I said $25 to $30 USD per user
* Sales Order processing
* Sales forecasting
* Time sheet capture
* Employee Expense claim management
* Job tracking
* Stock (inventory management)
* Multicurrency Accounting
* Online payments (in and out)
* Manage drop shipments
* E-mail integration
* Oh and lead tracking
* And decent reports - not necessarily dashboards
And like I said I need it in the cloud (accessible remotely)
I am currently evaluating salesorder.com which looks very much like it fits my needs. But I have sacrificed a lot of the last five years building my business so I am cautious and before I make a decision I was just wondering if the members here have any other suggestions.
PS: If you suggest a vendor I have already looked at I will make sure I give you my feedback.
PPS: If you are a vendor then just know I am looking for recommendations from small business owners, so please don't mess up this thread with any sales pitches