Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st April 2008, 04:19 PM   #11
JackieHFS

Default Thanks for all your kind words

Thanks for your kind words regarding the trade show/expo post. You all gave me great ideas, I hoped my summary would help many others too especially those new to a trade show. We are still working many contacts from the New England show and having some success. We actually head to one in Fort Lauderdale May 6th. Hoping to grab another 10 to 20 good prospects out of that one. With hurricane season around the corner, I am hoping we will be on the higher end. Afterall, with our show the middle of March in Boston, we were almost out of the snowy woods by then after an incredilby busy snow season for us and our clients.

Jackie

JackieHFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd April 2008, 01:36 AM   #12
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
having some success
Good to hear and much deserved!! I admire how you've tackled the challenges along with the effort you've put into things - even when everything hasn't always 'worked'.

Old 14th May 2008, 12:08 PM   #13
MrCreative

Great advice to be a sponsor.

As Creative Director of an agency that designs and promotes global summit events for associations, the expo sponsors get a lot of recognition. I end up designing lots of signs that feature different sponsors. Be sure to sponsor early and supply a high-resolution logo. I can't tell you how often people supply low-resolution web logos that just won't look good on large signage.

Another plus to sponsoring I believe you get a directory of EXPO/sponsors and attendees as well. Then you can call on people who did not necessarily stop by your booth.

MrCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 06:23 AM   #14
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

great stuff here. I'm still grapling with how effective the giveaway promotional items are. Big businesses give them away like crazy, but it's all about branding, and they can afford it. For a small business on a tight budget, these items can get expensive.

I always have a bowl of chocolate at my booth - who doesn't like chocolate? People always stop by, and then I have a reason to start talking to them.

Amir W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 09:49 AM   #15
JackieHFS

Default give aways

Amir,

I agree on the give aways. I think we did fairly well price wise on our items and tried to keep to a small budget but have something that could be useful too.

We also had chocolates on the table and that had some stop by too.

Jackie

Old 11th September 2008, 08:50 PM   #16
fred22193

Default Trade show

Excellent work Jackie!!

fred22193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 04:29 PM   #17
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr

Good stuff and thank you for taking the time to write it up. Seems to me that the hard one is designing an (instantly) attractive stand.... how did you do that bit?

S

Old 15th September 2008, 07:49 PM   #18
JackieHFS

Default Attractive booth

Simonr,

I designed a banner using pix from our Florida vacation as a background with our company name and Accurate Weather without the Hype! as the tag line. We had another banner above our booth with name and logo. The we used a large 32" TV monitor to run Live radar loops (and we had a rain/snow/ice event in the Northeast at the time) and also rain footage of severe wx - hurricanes, snowstorms, tornados..... We also blew up 3 of our client testimonials and had them framed around our booth and then of course our very colorful brochures and hand outs. I though our booth was clean, neat not cluttered! Had many just stopping in with the weather video and live radar loops. Hoping we will sign of few more that we met this fall as we head back into that season.

Jackie

Old 22nd September 2008, 06:49 AM   #19
expoprom

Great info. Thanks)

expoprom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 05:56 PM   #20
georgia_peach

This is very helpful! Great detail!! I love it!!

georgia_peach is offline   Reply With Quote