Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st June 2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Roof Repair FL

Default Which SEO Technique More Effective ??

Want to know which Latest SEO techniques more effective to get fast ranking ???

1) Forum posting
2) Social Bookmarking
3) Blog Comment Posting
4) Blog Writing/ Article Writing

I having knowledge about only this if you know pls share with me. Thankful for feedback.

Roof Repair FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st June 2009, 09:30 AM   #2
Webpreneur

For me, Forum posting has been most effective. If you get Forum related to your niche and make quality contribution, you won't only attract the search engine, but also you will end up getting human traffic directly from such forum postings.
The next method I recommend is Commenting on DoFollow Blogs. It will help boost your pagerank.
The effect of Social Bookmarking is too temporal to have significant advantage to your SEO effort. Some claim otherwise anyway. But I suggest you go with number 1. The result is almost immediate.

Webpreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 02:02 PM   #3
TrafficVault

I would do a mix of each of those. You should never rely too much on one technique to build links or to promote your site.

TrafficVault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 02:47 PM   #4
mzcat

While I am still quite new to all of this, forum posting and article writing have been my main source. (I do use Adwords)

I also use Facebook, Twitter and just recently, Myspace. I honestly haven't seen anything from these as of yet.

I have just started getting into blogging. Hopefully this will go well.

Have a good day!

mzcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:50 PM   #5
phanio
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficVault View Post
I would do a mix of each of those. You should never rely too much on one technique to build links or to promote your site.
I agree that a mix is the best - and once you get a good mix - don't stop - search engine ranking is changing all the time and you have to constantly be making tweeks to what you do to stay on top.

Also, make sure you have a website that people can go to and find good, relevant information or products they need.

Old 2nd June 2009, 11:13 PM   #6
christysmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Repair FL View Post
Want to know which Latest SEO techniques more effective to get fast ranking ???

1) Forum posting
2) Social Bookmarking
3) Blog Comment Posting
4) Blog Writing/ Article Writing

I having knowledge about only this if you know pls share with me. Thankful for feedback.
All these work fine, but working on page matters a lot, i.e. keyword research, and then content according to it..... page structure, URLs, titles, availability of feed, etc!

christysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 07:56 AM   #7
Creativegd

Default Is Forum Commenting Really the Best?

Hi,

Thanks for the link building tips, but I would just like to know how does forum commenting rank versus directory submissions? I'm kind of new at this

Creativegd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 12:16 AM   #8
john86

Dofollow Blog commenting and keyword submission in right niche is best technique for SEO.

john86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 03:40 PM   #9
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Depends on the forum and the directory.

Some forums are set to automatically "nofollow" links in forum posts. Some (such as this one) don't allow links to your own site within the body of your posts. Some prevent the search engine spiders from seeing signatures entirely, and others run signature links through a jump script to prevent them from passing any link benefit to the target site.

The point is, you can post and post in a forum, but -- depending on how the forum admin(s) have configured things -- you may or may not actually get any benefit out of it.

Directory submission can be a jump-start for a new site -- a way of getting those first few links that get the ball rolling -- but frankly most directories have such low-value interior pages (if they're allowed to pass link juice at all) they're not going to pass enough link value to make it worthwhile as an ongoing SEO technique, either.

In other words, once you've got an initial batch of directory links (assuming your initial batch is from directories of reasonable quality to start with) there's very little incremental benefit to be gained by spending hours submitting to a whole lot more of them.

As to blog comment spam.... errr, posting. Look, if your only purpose in posting a blog comment is as an "SEO technique" then you're doing it wrong. Post comments in blogs because you have something to contribute, not because you're trying to build links to your site.

Most good-quality blogs either "nofollow" links in comments, or they moderate comments to prevent obvious link drops from making it through. The ones that don't seem to care about link drops are, for the most part, not very good quality -- and thus don't have much link authority to pass along in the first place.

Of the things the OP listed, only article marketing -- either writing original content to be posted to your own site (a way of targeting additional keywords) and/or submitting to quality article directories (a way of spreading your content to other sites and potentially gaining some good inbound links) -- is actually a legitimate SEO technique.

The others are social media/social networking activities, and attempting to subvert them for SEO purposes will in many cases only annoy the community involved and potentially get you banned.

IMO, while they may bring some SEO benefit, they are not intended to be (nor should they be approached as) "SEO" tactics.

My

--Torka

Old 5th June 2009, 01:23 AM   #10
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

If I were aware of the answer of this question I would probably not use any signature in my posts. What do you think Torka

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote