Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th June 2009, 11:28 AM   #21
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwebguru View Post
If I were aware of the answer of this question I would probably not use any signature in my posts. What do you think Torka
Oh, no, definitely include your signature with a link to your site. Even if it doesn't give you any SEO benefit, if you're a valuable contributor to the forum and appear knowledgeable, the real people on the forum may click the link to check you out. I know lots of people who generate a good bit of business through forum signature links by providing useful information and being a valuable member of the forum community.

@Tsid: according to the folks at Google, no, you will not get a ranking boost from a nofollow link. That's the whole point of nofollow.

--Torka

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th June 2009, 09:27 AM   #22
mpouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Oh, no, definitely include your signature with a link to your site. Even if it doesn't give you any SEO benefit, if you're a valuable contributor to the forum and appear knowledgeable, the real people on the forum may click the link to check you out. I know lots of people who generate a good bit of business through forum signature links by providing useful information and being a valuable member of the forum community.

@Tsid: according to the folks at Google, no, you will not get a ranking boost from a nofollow link. That's the whole point of nofollow.

--Torka
AND it doesnt cost anything!! Why not ??

mpouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 09:31 AM   #23
TrafficVault1

Signature Links can be a great source of traffic- especially if you are an active member of a forum community. People will check out your site if you've been giving good info.

TrafficVault1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 12:44 PM   #24
gregdbowen

Default Blogs!

I would maintain a blog - If you give back something meaningful, you will start driving traffic - and you are generating dynamic content, getting more keyword phrases out there.

Writing articles and submitting them is what I have also been focusing on, as I understand that this is a great way to drive traffic.

The web is all about giving.

gregdbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 12:05 AM   #25
James Anderson

Traffic generation is a hard-hit marketing strategy. It can control internet search traffics and redirect it to certain websites like affiliate marketing sites. Traffic generation is an essential component of internet advertising. It can flood certain affiliate website with visitors and potential costumer while amazingly much cheaper than TV ads, or radio ads.

James Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 10:01 PM   #26
torontoSEOfirm

I agree with some of the others, no one SEO technique will make your site successful but I do vote for number 4 as being the best of this bunch

Last edited by torontoSEOfirm; 17th June 2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: add
torontoSEOfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 08:01 PM   #27
royhunters

Very very very good post Torka!!!

Currently we are having a lot of success with placement due to bookmarking in Google bookmarks and delicious.com

Google did not create Google bookmarks to be nice, they did it for data mining purposes.

royhunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 07:34 AM   #28
Erika111

Default RE: more effective to get fast ranking

I for as I concern about seo, Link Exchange, Forum posting, Social bookmaking and Directory submission are more effective to get fast ranking.

Erika111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 08:35 AM   #29
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

Forum marketing is very effective.When you use "do follow" -forums your links will count toward pagerank and you also learn a lot by visiting forums daily.

Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 07:22 PM   #30
albertamaven

I think it actually depends on your target market. I would say article marketing to be the best method for me so far

albertamaven is offline   Reply With Quote