Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th October 2013, 06:16 AM   #81
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Yes I am getting into the grove with Google+ also, it is a different set up to some of the others but well worth getting used to it. I do notice, however, everytime I set up a company on Places there is a blip.......... I am in Spain and everytime I go to add an address it automatically sets the place as in Spain and won't let me change so I have had to call them each time - very annoying - I guess I could be doing something wrong but really it is not that hard to add an address!

Nutty

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:14 PM   #82
Hampers
VIP Contributor

I like the idea of having the google plus icon as close to the action as possible - it makes for easy use and accessibility. So it's more likely to be utilised.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:26 AM   #83
Murray Cowell

Even if more and more small businesses focus on social media and take into account Facebook and LinkedIn, it's good to be on Google+ as well, because you never know where a lead could come from, and being on Google+ definitely helps with SEO as well, at least in my opinion.

All the best!

Murray Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:04 PM   #84
danieldd

Send a message via Skype™ to danieldd

I am also wondering when Small Business Brief will have a G+ page. This will be the easiest way to connect our profiles, instead of mentioning them here in the forum.

Old 13th November 2013, 06:51 AM   #85
RyanTC

I think Google+ should be a staple for all small businesses. First off, Google is really hedging their bets on this being a success. So most of the strategic moves they make are geared towards this social platform. And there are tons of benefits like Google Authorship...and social signals do seem to drive rankings, though this point is not 100% certain just yet. I always recommend to small businesses to work 2 social networks on a daily basis, Google+ and then either Twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook/Pinterest, depending on what your business is. You only have 24 hours in the day so you can't spread yourself thin.

Old 5th January 2014, 10:46 PM   #86
Daniel_GA

Hey gang! In the process of re-validating my web development G+ Page as a local biz via Google's last G+ update I lost ALL of my 200+ followers! :-(

Could I get some New Page Followers for my Georgia Web Development biz page? Pretty please? I've re-followed as many of you as I could find. Will follow new followers also.

Thanks! 

https://plus.google.com/+Gawebdevdotcom/posts

Daniel_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 06:16 AM   #87
aampapproach

Hey,

I completely agree. Google+ is one of the major influencing part of Google's searching algorithm. You must focus on optimizing your G+ page and list your business in Google's local listing.
Another important feature it provides: Reviews.
Ask your clients to post genuine reviews on your local listings, it generates a very positive vibe.

Have a good day!

aampapproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 05:42 PM   #88
ResourcefulCEO

Hello there,

If you would like some assistance getting back your Google followers, try Fiverr. I used a vendor on Fiverr to get over 1,000 Google followers. It worked! I had started posting in communities and had already increased the number of followers by 50 over 6 days but the 1,000 increase occurred over 5 days. In addition, unlike Twitter, I haven't needed to follow them back. And they've stayed!

Now I must master the art of interaction and driving people to my webinars and email capture pages.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can include the Fiverr vendor I used. But you can go there and search on "Google +" or "Google plus" and find a vendor that will help you get people in your circle who have similar interests.

Good luck!

ResourcefulCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 09:08 AM   #89
Lollypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResourcefulCEO View Post
had already increased the number of followers by 50 over 6 days but the 1,000 increase occurred over 5 days. In addition, unlike Twitter, I haven't needed to follow them back. And they've stayed!

Good luck!
Hi,

Is this just volume or you believe there's any other value?

Old 19th March 2014, 02:37 PM   #90
ResourcefulCEO

That's a good question. I am new to Google+ and am still trying to figure out the best way to monetize my connections. I often post, comment and connect but still, admittedly, do not know how to derive monetary benefits from this. I do see that for me, LinkedIn and StumbleUpon, have driven a lot of traffic to my blogs. The jury is still out on Google+. I'll post an update in 2-3 months. If anyone else has suggestions, please share them!

ResourcefulCEO is offline   Reply With Quote