How To Migrate From Magento Go To Magento Community Edition
Bay announced that on February 1, 2015 Magento Go will be shut down. That’s why all online enterprises that are running on Magento Go have to choose the hosted service to move to from current online hosting platform. Magento Community platform will be a good choice for all the Magento Go users.
What advantages will I get if I migrate from Magento Go to Magento Community?
So, let’s talk about specifics and advantages of using Magento Community in details.
1.Fully packaged e-commerce solution.
You will have all advantages and opportunities of Magento, including order management, mobile-optimized website, CMS with WYSWYG editor, shopping cart, etc. Also you will be able to choose extensions that you need. Magento Go has only 16 extensions while Community edition can offer you more than 1500 extensions, just imagine how many opportunities you will get.
2. Built-in SEO and Marketing Tools.
You will have all for the SEO and Marketing policy — social media integration facility, tools for email marketing, also a lot of exclusive features to your taste.
3. Support of the team.
You will have an opportunity to work with the biggest support community, which can help you with anything — from setting your store from the start up to developing some extra features for your store.
4. Magento Go has very strict limitations on themes usage. Only predetermined themes could be used. I would also add limited JS support and no access to code as a minuses of Magento Go edition. And after migration all these limitations will be in the past.
If you want to migrate from Magento Go to Magento Community you need to:
- Archive your data. This is important not only for migration, but for future references and analysis.
- Check if you have access to the domain control panel, with the help of it you will manage your account. Next you need to prepare your DNS record updates and upgrade your DNS server.
- Check your DNS data settings on your “Go Live” date.
- Also you need to hook up a payment provider (for example, PayPal, Amazon Payments, etc.)
- If you could not help yourself with migration from Magento Go please, contact us.