Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st May 2014, 03:46 AM   #11
mindstreak
VIP Contributor

I would write around one blog for two weeks.It depend upon the news and the update regarding my products.So it would take around two weeks for me to update my blog/

Old 7th May 2014, 06:03 AM   #12
Jamie99

I blog on the same day every week, I find being consistent really helps with blogging

Jamie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 01:47 AM   #13
graceatkin

Default twice a week

My blog is Employee Engagement and I publish 2 posts in a week, but I've bit problem of going viral. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

graceatkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 12:02 AM   #14
bjay99

We are b2b and we try to have a new blog once per week. I like to write, but can only manage to do at most 2 articles. I do have 2 other contributors - freelance writers.

bjay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 12:15 PM   #15
DFWattorney

It depends on my time and the content I have to write about. I try to post at least once weekly but often I post 2-3 times per week. I try to do one post about something general/targeting keywords and one post about something newsworthy to generate some social media love and local signals when possible.

It takes a lot of time to write that much but it's more valuable than sitting around posting cheap blog comments all day.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 06:47 AM   #16
v.conway92

1-2 posts a week is the ratio I try to aim for. When posted, share your article on all your social media platforms. The worst thing you can is post irrelevant content; people want feel like they're getting something out of reading your article, so lists, tips and tricks are a great way of grabbing peoples attention and holding it. I think over-posting can also be detrimental; theres nothing worse than your newsfeed being clogging up, this is a surefire way of turning your subscribers off. I think that if you focus on posting quality content once a week, that is a great start and it means you'll have the time to promote it through the appropriate distribution methods.

v.conway92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 01:22 PM   #17
nikoladiaz

I am new to this forum but I have started a travel blog a long time ago and have been successfully running it over 3 years now. I have made travelling very easy here in Sri Lanka. Most important thing for me is being available and posting constantly on my blog. I write almost every day new articles and go to places in Sri Lanka. More content you have the more visitors you will get at the end of the day

nikoladiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 02:40 PM   #18
Mooviemakers

I blog around once a week and also guest blog on another website, although not too sure this is as good a strategy as it used to be :-)

Old 11th June 2014, 10:11 AM   #19
ResponseCapture

My personal opinion is to write minimum 1-2 blogs per week. Though people generally prefer writing atleast 1 post a day, yet I feel you should give your content decent time to remain visible to your blog visitors atleast for a week, especially if you're not a popular blog yet.

ResponseCapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 01:50 AM   #20
SamWP

It's good to have a publishing schedule for your posts but I feel frequency doesn't really matter much. It's what you do after you post that is significant.

I spend more time promoting my posts than I do writing up blog posts. What good are your posts if there is no one around to read them.

However if you post frequently you get more content on the search engines with a higher probability of being found by your target audience. Also you will get a lot more direct traffic from readers expecting to receive your content on a scheduled time frame.

SamWP is offline   Reply With Quote