Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th May 2016, 09:21 PM   #51
JakeJam

I think most people have already got it covered... In general though I think people visit blogs because they want to find specific, detailed information so making sure your blog covers as much as possible and does so in an informative manor will build trust in you as a professional resource. That being said you want your blog to be easy to read and follow so splitting up pages with lots of pictures, subheadings and bold text for any keywords will help to make your points more clear and accessible. Interactivity is also something to consider, so making your visitors feel more apart of what you are talking about. Asking questions and generating discussion is definitely worth a try here.

In regards to content you need to keep up to date with your industry and find out what people are talking about. One way to do this is to join as many websites/forums related to your subject as you can. This way you can find out what's 'hot' and discuss your thoughts on it in your blog which would also be a great way to ask your visitors opinions. Maybe you could check out other blogs on your subject too and compare them to yours. Find out what works and also if there is a niche within your field that other people haven't covered so then you have something unique to offer your visitors.

Good luck!

JakeJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th May 2016, 11:47 PM   #52
Vanessa Morgan

Default What To Write In My Blog?

Well, writing a good content of the blog is not really easy. For me, I think, you should do some research also about your topic or any related reviews that could help you tell about your product or services. It is important that you have the knowledge of what you want to write. Perhaps, your target market could give you an idea also.

Vanessa Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 09:52 PM   #53
BloggingSteps

Having a clear post structure helps. Start with an intro, body with your main points, and a conclusion.

BloggingSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 11:35 AM   #54
vickyweb1
Banned

People often ask me how I come up with things to blog about, and I find the question strange, because my problem is the opposite.......

vickyweb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 03:21 AM   #55
kathir

product reviews with affiliate links, also build authority it will help

kathir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 02:32 AM   #56
amit007

You can try content curation. In this technique you can combine 5 different post in one post. This technique is very effective

amit007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 11:00 AM   #57
ThinkingCapital

Blogging can get you a lot of traffic and so can guest posting on other people's blogs with a link back, such as this post at Thinking Capital.

ThinkingCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 03:42 AM   #58
Williams Reus

Quote:
Originally Posted by devm5 View Post
Hi everybody, can any one help me regarding blog posting. I am very confused what to write in my blog(you can see in my signature) as it is all about machines & equipments like steel rolling mill machinery, plants, roller conveyor, sprockets, an so on.

It is very difficult for me to find some good ideas so that I can write some good blog posts on this blog. As I do not want to post something similar to what I have posted earlier.

Because of this the no of visitors have also decreased to my blog, as consistency has broken.

Any help/ideas please.

Many Thanks
I understand your difficulties. But I think if you're not good at it, you might be able to hire people who have experience blogging for you. That will help you have a great blog and learn from their experience

Williams Reus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 07:47 AM   #59
SusanVelez

I struggled with this before in my previous blog. I truly believe that if you pick a topic or niche you love and know about it makes it easier. I started a new blog and am writing about starting and growing a blog.

In my blog I am writing WordPress tutorials and sharing my own experiences of growing the blog.

Now I know what you're thinking, why start another WordPress blog. Well I am a WordPress freelancer and do this for a living. Therefore, I eat, breathe and work on WordPress on a daily basis.

I have tons of things I can share about this topic. So coming up with ideas is not an issue.

If you chose a topic that you need to research on a consistent basis to get some ideas. Visit other bloggers in your niche to see what they are writing about.

Don't copy them, but see how you can improve the content or add to it to make it better.

Subscribe to other blogs in your niche by using Feedly and see what others are doing. How can you do it better?

Social media sites can help you see what others need.

Just keep working on your blog and reading as much as you can. Whenever you think of a new topic write it down so you can write a new blog post on it.

Use this forum or other forums in your niche to see what people are asking. Forum threads can help you decide what your next blog post should be.

Eventually, you will have a list of hundreds of ideas you can use for your blog, you won't have to worry about what you should write.

Hope this helps.

SusanVelez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 03:42 AM   #60
Grace Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelclark3 View Post
If your goal is to entice visitors in the industry you mentioned then what you post about should largely be determined by the needs, wants, and interests of your audience.
I agree! Every theme (blog) has its reader. Try to imagine that you're a visitor of your blog. What would you be interested to read about?

Grace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote